lueders The Weight (Take 2) guitar lesson review upload

lueders

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:14 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 am

Hey, thanks everybody for the comments. I mean to thank everybody individually for the viewing on the first go-a-round...but I gotta get off to school here in a very few minutes.

I posted this one because I think I got my cheapo Guitar and amp up in the mix more this time...so my big loud off-key mouth doesn't overpower the mix. This is a real struggle when you're singing & playing straight into $18 Wal-Mart webcam. (With only an internal mike) I tried to accent the base notes a little more, like several of you suggested.

I appreciate everyone taking the time...Thanks again & in advance! Cori

willem

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 am

I love it again Cori,,any chance of playing the barree's,,i thought to rember the lesson was in barree chords,,not sure,, i like how you were doin it,,you can go to school now with a peaceful hart,,thanks..

edit:sorry you played it just like the lesson,,and and,you inspired me to go back on it,,man what practice agenda i have,,so less time,,

dekotaj

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:31 am

Bravo!Sir,

Better mix this time,for sure.Great job.Keep posting them song.Thanks.

Kevin

MarkM

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am

Cori,

Well done. I play this song in the same key as well. You are a natural at playing and singing at the same time. Great job with that. My only suggestion is to watch the timing. Some sections are a bit fast. The Bass run at the end of the chorus is sped up a bit. Other than that I really can't think of anything else. Really well done. Oh and the intro was great!! That is the part that I need to work on more. Thanks for sharing!!!

MarkM

BobR

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 am

Cori,

I guess I missed Take 1 but I thought this take sounded really good. I agree with MarkM that the bass run is a bit quick but otherwise a really nice job.

Thanks for posting

Bob

tovo

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey Cori. So much better in terms of the balance between guitar and vocals. The intro was killer mate, really great. I agree with Mark on the timing point, particularly the bass run which you are playing much better, it just speeds up significantly.

Good work.

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Cori, Great improvement on first effort, great intro and better balance between vocals and guitar. I agree with MarkM about timing on the bass run, but at least you incorporated it better this time.

Good on ya mate.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi Cori, it sounds very good now, well balanced. Looking forward to your next one Really liked the Hot Chili Pepper song you did, are you working on something else along that line?

Marc

BobR

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Cori,

Whatever the limitations of technology, your playing and ability come through very clear. I love this song. And it is a joy to find that Neil has prepared lessons and arrangements to so many of my most loved songs. Now the challenge is to do the work to learn and play them properly. Keep up the good effort. I enjoy and learn so much from everyones postings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic