webostick learning Mr. Bojangles (08/31/10) guitar lesson

jayswett

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm

I am getting more comfortable with the cadence of the words, but I still stumble a little. Performance anxiety and nerves makes me all of a sudden forget what the next chord is sometimes. The kind words of encouragement I have received are helping give me license to keep croaking out into the microphone. Thanks for your critiques and advise.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:40 pm

Very nicely done!!!! I really enjoyed watching your performance. I thought the playing was very strong. You kept a good beat and the tempo was perfect. Great job on the bass runs and chord changes. I thought the singing was very good as well. You got better as the song went on. Forgetting about the camera always helps. You could tell that was happening here. You have a great skill in that you can sing and play at the same time. You'll have this song nailed with a little more practice I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

AndyT

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Sounded like you were speeding up in sections but you came right back when you had the bass notes to play.

tovo

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Wally I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that, what a vast improvement mate! You actually have something many would kill for, which is a very unique voice that I think is nicely suited to this great tune. Please keep working, it's not quite there yet, but it is getting close and once you have it nailed it will be a very impressive number for you. I tend to rave on about phrasing, but once you are more comfortable, I think you won't feel the need to rush the lyrics to fit them in and the number will be more relaxed and enjoyable for you.

Great work.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Wally the guitar is coming along fine, as was telling you in another video you posted, you should consider more advanced songs. You are pretty much in control except for the camera jitters, but who doesn't.. You do not have to sing right away, you could learn something more rhythmic or more chords complicated.

As Tony was saying, your voice is really impressive,, it reminds me of Roger Whitaker. If you could gain confidence and push your voice you might be surprised. I am sure you can achieve a wider range. You should try.

Great work

Marc

dekotaj

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Bravo!!Sir,

That sounds really good to me.I really enjoyed it,very much.Thank you for posting.

Kevin

BobR

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Wally,

Very well done. Big improvement from your first post. Th guitar sounds nice and your bass runs sound really good. There's a lot of words to fit in and it seemed like you did that real well also.

Thanks for posting

Bob

buddy

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Wally,

That was really awesome. This song really suits your voice and style well.

Bud

haoli25

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 pm

Excellent work, Wally. Your playing and singing was very impressive. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

lueders

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

WELL DONE WALLY! I really enjoyed that! You've got all the ingredients working for you.
I am immensely impressed by by your work ethic!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic