webostick learning Wild World (guitar only) guitar lesson

BRBbrb

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Today I had time for practice. I went back to Neil's demo, and I think I picked up a little better on the fills and runs. Working with the metronome forces me not to rush ahead. I always tend to get faster and faster from the beginning of a song to it's end. The same for staying on the beat. I tend to anticipate the beat and my habbit is to be ever so slightly ahead of the beat. It's something I am trying to correct. Using the metronome is a new tool, and it doesn't lie about tempo.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jayswett

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

You are a model student practicing with that metronome. I definitely should be doing more of that. Nice sound from that guitar, and you played the song very nicely. I just finished watching Neil's lesson. That palm muting business is a challenge.

BobR

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Wally,

I enjoyed that very much. Using the metronome really makes you stick to the tempo. I've tried without a lot of success. Anyway real good job.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

buddy

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Wally,

That was really nice, your guitar sounds great as well. As Jay said, we could all use the metronome more myself included.

Bud

MarkM

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Wally,

Great for you for using the metronome. As you can tell I need more work on that myself. I think once you get that internal clock ticking and having your right hand do all the work for you, timing will no longer be an issue. I agree with Neil in that when he says its ok to miss a note or two as long as you keep the correct time. I find tha I miss notes all the time but if I keep a steady beat then one notices it less. When I first start to learn a song that is what I try to get down first. The beat. Then I work on the chord changes, bass notes and fills if any. Not sure if any of this helps but it is what works for me. I agree that your guitar is sounding very good. A few more run throughs with this and you'll be doing this in your sleep. Good job!!

Markm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic