juanlla learning to play Is "There Anybody Out there ?" acoustic guitar

juanlla

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:38 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cavi

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 am

I like it but I still think a metronome might help, however I do love that piece, I am also working on it

tovo

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 am

Hey Juan nice post. The only thing I really noticed were a couple of buzzing notes but gee, that's nothing. What I liked was how steady and unrushed it was. This is one I would look forward to a review on. Good work.

willem

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 am

Juan,nice touch,,good hand's position,i think you can move on...(nothing else matters?)

ps have been not yet on this song,but today i give it a look,,

EDIT: bin on the lesson now,,'m sure now you nailt it very much,,i think speed devolops in time and you can take a other fingerpickin song,,saw you had a great suggestion from Mark,,he knows it like his pants/pocket but i think you get that down,,thanks for remember me at this beatiful piece,,,

michelew

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:22 am

Juan,

Your hard work is paying dividends. This version is very smooth and unrushed. You also seem to have mastered Neil's fancy fingerwork no sweat.

It is sounding great!

Good work.

Michele

mark

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 am

Hi
I think you have made good progress on this compared with your first video.

I think the bit where you go up to the 5th fret and then play descending thirds is still sounding a bit rushed. All these notes are still 8th notes and so should be the same speed as the other notes.

Other than that its pretty much perfect

jayswett

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 am

Very solid. That sounded controlled, relaxed, unrushed. I liked that you do the more difficult fingerings that Neil describes.

Lavallee

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 am

Good work Juan, much cleaner on this take and you are obviously more confident as your your right hand looks more fluid.

Excellent video

Marc

dekotaj

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 am

Bravo!!Sir,

Sounds just fantastic,Great job.Thanks for posting.

Kevin

michelew

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

mark wrote:
Hi
I think you have made good progress on this compared with your first video.

I think the bit where you go up to the 5th fret and then play descending thirds is still sounding a bit rushed. All these notes are still 8th notes and so should be the same speed as the other notes.

Other than that its pretty much perfect
Juan, I suggest you take a look at Neil's review of Abilio's post of this song. Neil gives a fantastic explanation of a way to practice the passage that Mark refers to. It's really worth a look.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic