>> Todays Student Video review.. - Something - by Tovo

TGMatt

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Today's student review by Neil is now live for all Target members..

Today we look at Something by Tovo..

You can access it by clicking the Target Student review menu button

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

tovo

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks Neil very much for the review. Importantly, several members had pointed out that I was barring too many strings so I have had chance to work on that. However the tips on fingering the initial run are great. I really appreciate your advice as I'm sure everyone else does.

Cheers mate.

d_dog

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Awesome Tovo! I'm just playing catch up here going through old videos that I hadn't seen or commented on yet.
This is really awesome! Nice finger stretching and really good timing, not too fast not too slow. You picked out the bass and passing notes very cleanly. I know this isn't a singing website, but I'd love to hear vocals on this, you're a great singer.
Great job man!

tovo

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:14 am

Hey Damien,

I did a version after this one which I though was a bit better. I wasn't so thrilled with this one. Still I sure appreciate your comment on it. It was a little beyond me to do it justice. One of the most beautiful tunes from the "unappreciated" Beatle. It was a good tune to take on to realise the importance of striking the right string.

In terms of singing it, I really struggle with the bridge. It's all about finding the right key.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic