Lavallee learning Rocky Mountain Way guitar lesson

pbraun

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Very cool, nice link to last weeks blues lessons too! Tine to pull out another cd haven't heard that one in a while.
Nice job!
Pete

Lavallee

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks Pete, it was a good timing with the blues week indeed

Marc

jim56

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 am

Well done Marc, I love Joe Walsh and that sounded great! Would like hearing you play that on an electric guitar. :-)

rapsidy

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks Marc

loved the intro :) gives more meaning to what comes next i feel. As Al said this is the best part to the site being able to watch others videos. You know where i am at so cant give you any advice, except keep the intros coming and i enjoyed your post, as usual you played well.

Brad

MarkM

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 am

Marc,

Wow what a nice surprise this morning with this song. You never cease to amaze me on your song choices. Outstanding. You were nice and steady with this one. I'd love to hear you play this with the guitar mic'ed up. Even with an external mic. I think that would really bring out the botton end on this song. Well done Marc. I don't have any tech advice apart from a bit more practice and you'll have all those changes done smoother.

MarkM

dennisg

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:46 am

This was really fun to watch, Marc. I enjoyed every second of it -- including your spoken intro.

Lavallee

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks Jim, I actually thought of playing it on the electric guitar as it sounds a little meaner for this type of song and it is way easier to do the pull off with the pinky but this is an acoustic site so I use the acoustic guitar.

Thank you Brad, I actually put some some vocal comments after remembering your intros. I know others have done it, but yours came to mind. Regarding the comments, you can still give a feeling comment even if it is not technical ( you do not have to, of course) but stuff like too fast, weak strumming, too loud in some spots, are as valuable as missing a pull off or using the wrong fingering.

Mark, thanks for the comments. I am keeping my eyes open for a used unit to connect direct to the PC as my setup is not giving similar results from one video to another. There is the possibility of the USB mic that (not sure if was Dennis or Buddy who were commenting on that) seems to give good results, then I have to learn mixing.

Lavallee

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks Dennis, as mentioned to Mark, I think I will look into integrating the guitar sound better. I remember that you listed all your equipment in one post, will also look in Al's unit. I can already record but not to my satisfaction so there is a need but not an emergency. Hopefully something inexpensive that will fit the bill.

Marc

rapsidy

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11 am

cheers Mark

really appreciate that advice. As i always feel a bit unsure what to say given my lack of experience and knowledge and dont want to sound like an upstart.

That sounds like something i could do :)

Brad

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Nice job Marc, fun song to listen to.... I love the blues lessons and you make this sound cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic