dtaylor learning to play Never Going Back Again acoustic guitar

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:15 am

Knocked it out 'da park!! Fantastic job.

I'd like to put a request in for the middle section as well if you have it.

jayswett

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 am

Hearing you play that bridge was an unexpected treat as I don't recall that you played that in your first video. I, too, would love to learn that bridge so if you could add me to your list of fellow students who would like that tab, I'd appreciate it. This version was indeed much better than your first, partly because of the bridge, but also because it seeemed smoother, the notes seemed a bit cleaner. You must live in a city somewhere as I could hear cars outside your window once again.

dennisg

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 am

One thing I can say is that I never get tired of hearing that song. Something about it just makes me happy.

What also makes me happy is that you went out and learned the instrumental bridge.

The only specific things I'd comment on have already been addressed by you and Michele: kill the strings on the second beat of the first measure...and stay on tempo in the bridge section.

But, really, all in all, this is a top-notch effort that I have nothing but admiration for.

MarkM

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 am

Wonderfully done!! I just love this song. Smoother than your first version as you seemed to have slowed it down just a little bit. Loved the middle section!!! Great job!

MarkM

Lavallee

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 am

Dean , that was just great, I also always love that upbeat song. As mentioned by the others , it is cleaner than your first trial. Would also be interested by the tabs on the bridge portion. You make it very appealing to work on it.

Marc

dtaylor

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks so much for the generous comments everyone. It was always a pipe-dream
to be able to play this, TG made it happen, that's what I love about this site,
anything's possible.

The link to the bridge tab is on it's way to those who asked about it.

Thanks again,

Dean

syndes

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I really enjoyed your performance. The bridge section fit in really tight.

lueders

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:51 pm

MAN YOU ARE GOOD! :woohoo: I am so impressed with you posts!
Your tone is killer!! What great fundamentals you have. (i.e hand position & technique)

This is slightly off the topic, but have you ever played Mac's "The Chain"? I know it is not a Target song but I just wondered. I tried to play it not too long ago and struggled.
I think you & Jayswett. Michelle, & Juan would eat that thing for breakfast! (It is not anywhere near as intricate as this.)

tovo

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:24 pm

No way I can add anything but my congratulations for a great job Dean.

dtaylor

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm

lueders wrote:
MAN YOU ARE GOOD! :woohoo: I am so impressed with you posts!
Your tone is killer!! What great fundamentals you have. (i.e hand position & technique)

This is slightly off the topic, but have you ever played Mac's "The Chain"? I know it is not a Target song but I just wondered. I tried to play it not too long ago and struggled.
I think you & Jayswett. Michelle, & Juan would eat that thing for breakfast! (It is not anywhere near as intricate as this.)

Thankyou for the generous comments, it's greatly appreciated, I've had to work really hard on this one but I love the song and it was worth it.
I've never tried The Chain but if you can give me a clue about where to find the best tab you've seen for it I'd love to try!

Thanks,
Dean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic