>> Todays student video review - Ivory Salamander by Suziko

TGMatt

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 pm

This one is a Neil special, whipped up for the weekend as it is a tune that no-one had heard of before Target , and to have someone tackle it was just great..

Ivory Salamander by Suziko has been reviewed and you can check it out by clicking the Target video review menu button

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

suziko

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Neil,

Thank you so much for this helpful review, and thanks especially for posting it so quickly. I'm still in the process of working on this song, thanks to all the helpful feedback I got from my fellow Target members, and having your suggestions on top of that will help me with my progress. I really like the idea of adding those passing bass notes, and I know you're right about getting the barre down first when going to barre chords. It's one of those things I know, but not something I always manage to do cleanly. I will follow your suggestion of practicing that transition to the barre, just stopping right after I hit the bass note in the barre. Thank you for that.

I confess that I intentionally skipped the F# in the bass on the D measures. I worked at it for a long time and just couldn't get it to come out. I figured I could substitute a D in the bass and be faithful to the chord, if not to the original arrangement. It was a short cut, and as I continue to work on the song I'll also continue to work on adding that F# in the bass to the D measures.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic