willem learning sail away guitar lesson

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Budster,,thanks for your words,it really means a lot because i like every performance and style from you..and your setup..lol

michelew

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 pm

It sounds ready to me Willem, very mellow, very laid back. Go for it.

I would like to hear the guitar better next time. I suspect that you had the guitar projecting across the room rather than towards the microphone, maybe so we could hear your singing better.

Very enjoyable. Thanks.

Michele

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:56 pm

dennisg wrote:
Nice job, willem. I really enjoyed that.

I keep meaning to ask you, what's that hanging down from the head of your guitar? Is that where you attach your car keys so you don't forget them?

Dennis,ahahah,no not for the car keys,,its also not a string..lol...lets say when it gets 7 circles i'm lucky..

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Willem. I absolutely agree with everyone else, I enjoyed that as a performance, I thought you sang it well also.

I feel I should mention that I don't play baseball so don't really know how to hold a baseball bat, but I do think that there wasn't any gap to speak of between the bottom of the neck and your left hand, and that thumb was pretty proud. On the other hand (literally) your right wrist looked loose as a goose and your strumming was great I thought. So right hand was great, left hand seemed like it could have better position.

One of my good friends told me I worry too much about offending. I sure do, that's me. I'm confident you won't be offended. You know I enjoy your playing.

Cheers mate.
Tony mate,,your the ''filosoof'' and you certainly don't offend me(you are honest)and there was'nt a cap and i thought i put a hat on my thumb when i saw it,,you never saw my finger when i play the Bm7..lol,,but most of all i'm glad that you enjoyed it as a performance and about the singin,,well i'm very uncertain on that, so i'm glad with you words,,i think also that we can use honest words to every one,,its how you say it..

willem

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:10 pm

michelew wrote:
It sounds ready to me Willem, very mellow, very laid back. Go for it.

I would like to hear the guitar better next time. I suspect that you had the guitar projecting across the room rather than towards the microphone, maybe so we could hear your singing better.

Very enjoyable. Thanks.

Michele
Well i have to over think that,,i come back on this,thanks for listening Michele..

jim56

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Willem, Just got home from work and checking in. I agree with the others you are ready to go. Enjoy your evening and maybe someday you and I can play together.

Be well my friend,
Jim

lueders

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Willem, that was nice. Guitar sounded good and the vocals sounded good. I was surprised when you started playing, I thought it was going to be the Styx "Come Sail Away" which is TOTALLY different song. I like this one much better!

tovo

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 pm

lueders wrote:
Willem, that was nice. Guitar sounded good and the vocals sounded good. I was surprised when you started playing, I thought it was going to be the Styx "Come Sail Away" which is TOTALLY different song. I like this one much better!
Well I thought it was going to be "Sail Away" by David Gray, again a totally different song so Willem had us both fooled!

Hydroman52

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Willem, That's a good strumming pattern that you used here. Very catchy. I liked it.

Hydroman52

haoli25

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Willem, your videos are always a pleasure to watch and this one is certainly no exception. Bravo.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic