willem learning sail away guitar lesson

Lavallee

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey Willem, that sounds very good, your strumming is very relaxed and well balanced. Your singing is very good too. I think your friends will enjoy their entertainment.

Marc

juanlla

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Willem,
thanks for posting this it sounds very well !!!
I like the way your strumming goes, steady, smooth and gentle all the way through.

Juan
(y)

cosmicmechanic

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 pm

You had me stumped there, Willem : a Neil Young song I had completely overlooked!
On YouTube I only found covers, maybe he doesn't play it live that much?

It's a fun tune, thanks for sharing a good time and allowing me to discover it :)

Pierre

jcrocket

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Willem -

That was really good. Your relaxed attitude and enjoyment of the song really comes through, and adds to the performance.

Jeff

willem

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:08 am

Thanks,thanks,its for me a big suprise to let me know how i did and it gives me a big trust tot do it on that evening,,i must say(i show you this song before with friends)and there(i know)did the strumming not to well(my friend was),how i manege now,that comes on the plate of TG,REALLY...WHEN ''wild world'' came out and tryed it,then ''sail away''break out,,i do the same strumming(the chords have two measers)and on the second measer i do a D-D-DU-DU(not alway's,but i mix up)..

As for Michele,,my cam is a Sony with a mini tape DV,,i think it as a very good mike in it,and it stands a litlle bit to the left from me, i just put it on and began to practice,never thought on how to project something,,when i look to the front of me i see a big wall,,so the projection was more to the wall then to the room..

RicksPick

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:26 am

Willem

Real smooth B)
Enjoyed that, no advice because that is Totally done.
Nice singing too

RicksPick

Yamaha48

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 am

Hello my friend Willem.

Today i see your video,sounds realy nice.
This is a target song???.
Today i have a new guitar,this is number 6 hahaaha lol.
The brand is Tangelwood,sounds realy nice.
The top is spruce,i dont know of this is good writing.
greetz Anton

MarkM

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:15 am

Willem,

That was just fantastic. Easily my favorite video of yours. Great song, great strumming and great singing. A pleasure to watch and listen to. I've been there when the pick goes astray in the middle of the song. You recovered really well. I thought your playing was really really good. My only suggestion would be to hit that bass note harder on the first beat and let it ring out as you continue with the strumming. That might add a bit it texture to the song. Thanks for posting Willem. I enjoyed this one alot.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Great upload, Willem!

I don't know the song either- but want to hear Neil's version now!

As others have said- you always seem to have so much fun when you play.
And your guitar sounded really good too- both the tone and strumming pattern.

pbraun

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey great job Willem, it sounds like a fun one to learn, I have heard it before but I must have tucked it away, it's been a while. I really enojoyed it!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic