AcousticAl learning to play My My Hey Hey- Full Version acoustic guitar

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

So here's the full version of the song- uploaded to Target as promised. I think my playing/accuracy went downhill in the second half of the song. You can see where I'm losing my changes more as well.

I also know that I hold the pick so that too much is showing. It feels too loose in my hands. I actually start strumming with it tucked nicely into joint of my index finger- but it wants to wiggle free for some reason!!

Lastly, I just think it's funny that I posted this at all. I went back to a couple of my first uploads where I wasn't even showing my face- let alone SING on camera!!

Thanks for making this such a supportive place.

gchapel

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 am

HI Al,
Good job with this song. I am trying to work on it too, so it does me good to see how you are doing it. You have a voice that can do great things with a Neil Young song. I know it has already been brought to my attention of the benefits of using the metronome. You might want to work with it as you smooth it out. I love all renditions of NY. thanks for showing the way.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:26 am

Hi Al thanks putting the complete song. You are doing an excellent job. Keeping the riff going with the ups and down and singing (and very well on top of that)is difficult on that song as it is easy to get distracted.

Great work

Marc

willem

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:10 am

Al,,WOW,that was rockin,i think you nail't it,rockin and singin i enjoyed it very much,the only thing i can say is a litlle bit slower,,keep it goin..

ps,, ''sail away'' is on the same cd as ''my my,hey hey'' calls ''rust never sleeps''

michelew

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:28 am

Arrrr... that's better. I enjoyed it even more on this listen.

When you've work on this just a little more and ironed out the minuscule little mis-picks you'll OWN this song, which seems just perfect for you by the way.

Thanks or posting the whole performance.

Michele

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:42 am

webostick wrote:
HI Al,
Good job with this song. I am trying to work on it too, so it does me good to see how you are doing it. You have a voice that can do great things with a Neil Young song. I know it has already been brought to my attention of the benefits of using the metronome. You might want to work with it as you smooth it out. I love all renditions of NY. thanks for showing the way.

Thanks- A metronome is a good idea. I'd need to slow it down though, which is probably a good idea too.

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Al thanks putting the complete song. You are doing an excellent job. Keeping the riff going with the ups and down and singing (and very well on top of that)is difficult on that song as it is easy to get distracted.

Great work

Marc

Yes Marc- that simple riff is deceivingly difficult (for me anyways). You can see where I get distracted and miss some chord changes too.

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 am

willem wrote:
Al,,WOW,that was rockin,i think you nail't it,rockin and singin i enjoyed it very much,the only thing i can say is a litlle bit slower,,keep it goin..

ps,, ''sail away'' is on the same cd as ''my my,hey hey'' calls ''rust never sleeps''

Willem,

Yes, I think I'll slow it down and hammer out the riff better.
Thanks for the N.Y. info on 'Sail Away'.

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:47 am

michelew wrote:
Arrrr... that's better. I enjoyed it even more on this listen.

When you've work on this just a little more and ironed out the minuscule little mis-picks you'll OWN this song, which seems just perfect for you by the way.

Thanks or posting the whole performance.

Michele

Wow Michele- was that a pirate's 'ARRR'??
Those mis-picks grate on my ears, but it gives me something to work on for sure.

BTW- I added some comments to the first post of this thread...

willem

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:59 am

Maybe i have a other tip to,,i see you get used to your pick strumming,,so,, the riff's you can think in downs and ups,,but with the strumming(you keep moving) you can think the fakes to,,try this (if you please) half speed or so and when you comfort with it then speed it up ,,rock it a way,,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic