buddy learning to play CINNAMON GIRL acoustic guitar

buddy

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:17 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Since joining TG, I have come to really appreciate Neil Young's brilliance as a song writer and performer. Cinnamon Girl has become one of my favorite NY songs. I tried to mix up the acoustic version and the electric version here a bit by using the power chords in the intro rift. I think this also made it flow a little better with the vocals.

Any comments or suggestions to help move it along would be greatly appreciated.

Bud

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Well that was well done mate, enjoyed that. I'm learning this right now , no singing from me yet though. I like the slide from the F5 to G5 a lot of people do that although Neil Young mostly doesn't, I don't play it, but it sounds good. You forgot the little tag on the end, but I'll forgive ya lol.

tovo

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

I know the tune but never tried to learn it. I enjoyed listening Budster. Diggin' the "scratchy 60's affect" on the video as well!

BobR

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Buddy,

Sounds good. I assume you're in Double drop D tuning for this?. I have been playing it a bit also, but I have yet to add any vocals. Yeah I'm with Chas I was waiting for the tag on the end :woohoo:

Good job.

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Buddy, I really like the feeling you put into this song, it suits your strong vocal delivery, so let it rip B)

Lavallee

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi Buddy, I like this song a lot, your rhtyhm is very good and the voice is excellent as usual. My question is about the guitar tuning, it does not seem to be in the regular double drop D. The fat D seems to be off a bit as we do not hear the deep bass expected from the song, maybe my hearing is wrong though.

Thanks fro posting

Marc

pbraun

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Great song, I liked your version alot Buddy - good job!
Pete

RicksPick

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 am

Hi Buddy

Another good video

You like to belt them out, cos you do it well
No advice needed
But can I make a request, give us something delicate
Now theres a challenge for you

RicksPick

suziko

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:14 am

No advice for you, just wanted to say that you did a great job here. I've always liked this song of NY's in part because it "feels" so different from the rest of his music. I'm with Tony- I loved the 60's look of this video!

dekotaj

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 am

BRAVO!!!Buddy,

For me,your best so far.I'm with Chase and Bob got to add the tag.Not with Tony and Suzie on the video style.Not that its not cool it is.But I'm and old man and its makes it harder for me to see what your doing. :laugh: :laugh:.Darn these old eyes.Bravo Bud,keep them coming.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic