tovo "Where ever you will go" guitar lesson review upload

tovo

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Jim: Thanks buddy. The sun bounces off my head in photos and blinds everyone so maybe a handshake is better! Thanks for the positive comment.

Kevin: The Calling had only 1 or 2 hits (in this country at least) so when I think of all the acts that must be floating around in the US I'm not surprised you don't know them. If you saw the lead singer you would get a shock, you don't expect that voice to come from him.

Mark: I'm pleased to be making progress, but have an awfully long way to go. That's cool, (I hope) to be around a while. I'd be happy to play with you as well, you can show me a thing or two about smooth strumming.

Rick: Nice to hear from you mate. Thanks for taking the time.

Wally: I do think I can work on the transition from strumming back to picking, the other way isn't hard. Andy pointed that out and I think he was spot on. I'm looking forward to more from you as well.

Suzi: Thanks my friend. It's funny how certain tunes just seem to resonate, this was definitely one of those for me. The alternate picking technique is one I want to have up my sleeve, so I got the advantage of learning a great technique on a tune that I don't much care for and applying it to a song I really love. Thanks so much for your very generous remarks.

jayswett

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 am

Not much more to say regarding this video. It was quite simply a beautiful piece of music. Well done.

tovo

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks Jay, that's very kind.

AcousticAl

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 pm

HUGE props from me, Tony! Very tough to divide your brain in half like that and keep that arpeggio going so well while singing.
The song suits your voice well as well.

Also liked your great audio quality. Both your voice and guitar came through so cleanly.

Just great all round!!

tovo

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks Al. Can I afford to divide my brain in half? Probably not!

Thanks for commenting mate.

rapsidy

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 am

Straight to the pool room coomba thats classic you had me laughing hard with that one.

yes Tony not too many would get that one the old "castle" classic :laugh: :laugh:

Now back to more important matters, I must say as everyone has said this sounds very "tight" is that the word :unsure: you have done a really great job it sounded fab.

The problem is once you set the standard there is no going back lol

its encouraging to see you improve it gives me hope and it is a good testimont to TG (i mean that in a good way)

congratulations

tovo

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 am

Brad thanks. Definitely all the tools are here to improve with work. You are showing that to be true also. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 am

PDG Tony! I saw this up over the weekend but couldn't get near a speaker to listen. Excellent interpretation and you certainly make it your own. Singing and playing was really good. The sound of your Taylor is adding more and more as you are gaining control of how to make it sing out. Sounded even better on second listening. My first impression was: slow it down just a tad and relax into it... it will help your singing carry the song even more. Great job down under!

tovo

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey Chris. Yeah I think as I become more confident with the tune I will be able to relax into it, that's a good descriptor. I think familiarity has the same effect as slowing the tempo, you become smoother and the tune appears less rushed and you are more "in control". Thanks for that useful feedback mate.

buddy

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Tony,

I am late to this party as I was up in the mountains hunting this weekend. Wonderful job on this song. As others have already said, this is your best post to date and I really enjoyed it.

Budster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic