tovo "Where ever you will go" guitar lesson review upload

tovo

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks Craig for the positive vibes and the continued encouragement. I probably need to learn where some more notes are on the fretboard and a scale or two before I start calling myself a musician, but I really appreciate you kind remark.

willem

Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 am

Tony,imagine,, a theater,,a stage,,a crowd,yelling and screaming,hands in the air,,you jumping all around and introduce the song,, ''where ever you will go'',,the crowd go lose!!!!

I watched first your performance,then the Calling,,then you again,,its a big big suprise,really, and it must give you a huge feeling that you nailed a song by your self with the vallue from target,,i know that feeling,,it lift you up,,you know for your self you are step furhter..your performence gave my a big smile and inspiration to learn it by self,,thanks Tony,, Image

tovo

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:15 am

Hey thanks Willem, your post made me smile. I think Target has helped me to take on more demanding tunes than I would have considered otherwise, this is an example. I still have a long way to go but if we are improving then that's what is important.

willem

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:33 am

tovo wrote:
Hey thanks Willem, your post made me smile. I think Target has helped me to take on more demanding tunes than I would have considered otherwise, this is an example. I still have a long way to go but if we are improving then that's what is important.

I was a realy bad strummer,but now i understand how to do and stay intime(most of),,all of the ''compleat rythmn guitarist''',,when you know it you think it's simple,but we must also try to throw in some musical feeling,,this week i(we,my friend))practiced ''and i love her'',this for the coming friends night,, i was so pleased that it was goin very nice,,all of the vallue of T.A.R.G.E.T,, This month i payed my last buck to stay in..well almost..

jim56

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:02 am

Hey Mate, you are a rock star! That was soooo well done. I'll be asking for a signed photograph when you make it here to the States on your tour. Congrats and thanks for sharing that piece. Jim

dekotaj

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 am

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!Tony,

Hey my big green friend,that was fantastic.I did so enjoy your performance this morning.Sorry to say,this old man has never heard of the(CALLING).But if they play and sing half as good as you just played,guess I'd better go check them out.

That was really well done Tony!So BRAVO again!!!

Kevin

MarkM

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:32 am

What a GREAT performance!!!!! Hey...ah.....Tony..... Do you have some spare time to give me some lessons..................

That was really outstanding. Your brain is wired differently than mine that is for sure. To do what you did on the guitar and be able to sing is ....... well I'm in awe. Truely an inspiration. I sure hope TG does the guitar camp and you are able to join. I would love to play a few tunes with you. Thanks for sharing!!!!

MarkM

RicksPick

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Tony

That was fantastic
Nice hat
Missed alot on the forum lately
But glad I caught this

RicksPick

dennisg

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am

Hi Tony,
Powerful performance! From the short time I've been tuning into TG, it seems to me that you found the next gear on your shift lever. The alternate flat picking is great. And the skill it takes to maintain the picking pattern an sing the song is a very advanced technique. And then you go one better and transition cleanly from strumming back to alternate picking. Wonderful! Bravo!
It is clear that there is a lot of juice for you to squeeze out of this song. Keep going, because it is very tasty.

suziko

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:50 am

Tony,

I have to agree with what Dennis said. I thought this was your best video by far since Hallelujah (which you know has always been my favorite). I loved the alternate picking sections. I remember in some other videos where you've had to pick out individual notes you've had a tendency to fall into staccato notes, but these were very fluid. Everything flowed so well. Your strumming was GREAT, which I know has been something you've had to work a lot on. And your singing was just perfect for this song.

Honestly, a great performance.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic