>> Todays Student Video review.. - Autumn leaves by Dennis G

TGMatt

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Our latest student video review by Neil is now live

Autumn Leaves by Dennis G

Target members can check it out by clicking the Target Student review menu button

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

Lavallee

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Dennis , I am glad you received a review on your video, even though it is not a Target lesson, I thougth it was one of the best contribution from a student on the site.

Marc

michelew

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:24 am

I'm really glad Neil reviewed this too. I will definitely be learning it, so the advice about using the 2nd and 4th fingers instead of the 1st and 3rd will help me when I get there.

I was waiting for Neil to say 'it's such a beautiful song that we need to put it in the Target program' ... I'm still hoping.

I'm also glad because it reminded me to listen to it again, such a beautiful song and rendition Dennis.

Thanks

Michele

By the way, if anyone else would like Neil to teach this song, go to the Recommend a Lesson section and vote for it. It currently has 19 votes and is in the top 100.

ceaser67

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Dennis,
well played,a lovely song and you did it justice allright,i agree with michelle certainly one to vote for.
Tommy

dennisg

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 am

Neil: Thanks so much for your insightful comments. I really appreciate them. I know that Target songs are your first priority, but I imagine pretty much anyone -- no matter what song he or she is playing -- could learn something from your helpful comments on this song.

Marc: As always, thanks for your support. Eva Cassidy's version of this song is relatively new to me, but it's already burrowed its way into my brain permanently, the way some Beatles tunes have.

Michele: I'm totally behind your effort to make this a Target song because I think it combines many of the techniques guitarists want to have in their arsenal: slides, pull-offs, hammers, arpeggios, bent notes.

Tommy: Thanks so much. It's not a happy song but, considering recent events in my life, it's special to me.

willem

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Dennis,,great respons,,now we watching you for the next..lol,,,really,,loved this again,,and looking forward to your next arrangements..

canamjay

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Very nice rendition Dennis.. actually, while I am very familiar with this song am not aware of EVa Cassidy... you make me want to practice... :)

wa8ars

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:38 am

Very nice singing and playing...love it!!

litlfeat

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Excellent Dennis, certainly gives us all something to strive to accomplish.

litlfeat

d_dog

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 pm

I don't / didn't know this song, I think it's fantastic Dennis, and you sing and play it so well. Fantastic job! Really nice picking and fantastic sound quality, as always.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic