tvarga Logos guitar lesson review upload

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Well done, I'm impressed, I've posted a few You Tube vids of older Rod y Gab stuff and they are simply amazing. You manage those five fret stretches from 1st position very well, I can't quite get them clean yet tending to mute the middle string in the stretch. Rods lead part is quite easy in comparison to say Tamacun, Foc or Ixtapa though but together with Gabby produces a lovely easy to listen to tune.

I must get this latest album some nice sounds on it.

tvarga

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Wow, I was hoping to introduce some of you to this duo and just now they announced that they have to cancel the rest of their shows due to an overuse injury to Gabriela's right hand. I've always wondered how she strum and do percussive strokes so wildly without developing some kind of carpal tunnel or stress fractures. Unfortunately, I guess she isn't immune. I hope she'll recover quickly!

Rodrigo y Gabriela URGENT NEWS: OCTOBER TOUR CANCELLATION

Rodrigo y Gabriela are deeply saddened to announce the cancellation of their forthcoming United States October tour.
After a year of relentless touring, the wear and tear finally caught up with Gabriela. Her incredibly physical style of play involves banging out complex rhythms on the neck and body of her guitar night after night, putting great stress upon her right hand and arm as well as joints like the wrist and elbow. It is under doctors recommendation that she rest her joints and muscles to avoid further harm and permanent damage. While the duo is incredibly frustrated to have to pull out of dates in cities they were very much looking forward to visiting for the first time, the move was an unavoidable reality that had to be made in order to ensure that Gabriela fully recovers and is able to play at full capacity for many years to come.
Rodrigo y Gabriela hope to return to the cities affected by the tour dates in the future and are grateful for their fans continued support and understanding.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic