AcousticAl learning to play ipad & TabToolkit demo acoustic guitar

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:54 am

tovo wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
tovo wrote:
Very cool. I'm keen on the iPad but the new couch won this month. Maybe next.
LMAO Tony...... I am still trying to figure out how to tell my wife that I bought it..... It was purchased with money that I got from selling my Mesa Boogie amp, so technically, if I use it for guitar lessons, it is just trading, right??????

B) B)

J
Definitely MJ, that's the exact logic I used to buy my Taylor GA. "I sold 3 other guitars to raise the funds so technically I didn't spend a cent honey!"

She just gave me that "tell me why I married you again?" look.
Too funny.
Watch for a new thread on this from me...

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:34 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
Hi Al, thanks for taking the time to do the demo. Can Tab Toolkit allows you isolate a section to play in it in loop?

Marc

Hmmm. I don't think it does- but I'll check and get back to you.

No, Marc. It doesn't look like you can loop it.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks Al, thanks for checking. I will eventually get the I-Pad. I already have guitar Pro, I should be able to install the software on the I-Pad (as you would on a regular Mac). Or can you only installed the apps?

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:13 am

Lavallee wrote:
Thanks Al, thanks for checking. I will eventually get the I-Pad. I already have guitar Pro, I should be able to install the software on the I-Pad (as you would on a regular Mac). Or can you only installed the apps?

Marc

You can only load apple apps onto the ipad. I don't think Guitar Pro is one of them- but I could be wrong. TabToolkit just allows you to read GP(5) files. Fingers crossed that GP6 is coming soon, as Dennis heard.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks Al
Marc

dennisg

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:52 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc

You can only load apple apps onto the ipad. I don't think Guitar Pro is one of them- but I could be wrong. TabToolkit just allows you to read GP(5) files. Fingers crossed that GP6 is coming soon, as Dennis heard.
You can only load apps purchased through the iTunes app store, not necessarily just Apple apps. Apple's just the gatekeeper, making sure the apps are in compliance with their hardware.

Lavallee

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks Dennis, I will eventually get one

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

dennisg wrote:
Great demo, Al. Thanks for posting that. I'm a big fan of Tab Toolkit which, I hear, will be updated soon to accommodate GP6 files.

Am downloading the tab toolkit update as I type this. It now reads GP6 files as Dennis alluded to above.

Coolio!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic