AcousticAl learning to play ipad & TabToolkit demo acoustic guitar

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi TG folks,

Here's a (relatively) quick demo of how I'm using the ipad with TG, TabToolkit and my Yamaha SLG (Silent Guitar).

Enjoy?

Edit: Sorry there is some audio distortion that wasn't there before the upload.

jim56

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 am

Thanks Al for the demo, not having any experience with apple products you provided me a virtual test drive of the iPad. I've have a wireless network in my home and that surely would allow the lessons to be portable,indoors and out.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 am

Cool update Al, thanks!

dennisg

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:03 am

Great demo, Al. Thanks for posting that. I'm a big fan of Tab Toolkit which, I hear, will be updated soon to accommodate GP6 files.

Lavallee

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:27 am

Hi Al, thanks for taking the time to do the demo. Can Tab Toolkit allows you isolate a section to play in it in loop?

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 am

dennisg wrote:
Great demo, Al. Thanks for posting that. I'm a big fan of Tab Toolkit which, I hear, will be updated soon to accommodate GP6 files.
D:

I heard that this update was coming as well. I will get this app for sure when that comes out. I still only have GP5 on my computer, and I can't get to many of the GP files here at TG..... :( I am hoping that the Tool Kit will help me out on that front. There is a cool app that I use called HP IPrint that allows me to print straight to my HP printer from my IPhone or IPad as long as the printer is networked (which mine is at home). I tried it with a TAB from one of the lessons, and it worked perfectly. It is nice to be able to do this from a small device that can rest on my music stand..... :)

J

tovo

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Very cool. I'm keen on the iPad but the new couch won this month. Maybe next.

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 pm

tovo wrote:
LMAO Tony...... I am still trying to figure out how to tell my wife that I bought it..... It was purchased with money that I got from selling my Mesa Boogie amp, so technically, if I use it for guitar lessons, it is just trading, right??????

B) B)

J

tovo

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
tovo wrote:
LMAO Tony...... I am still trying to figure out how to tell my wife that I bought it..... It was purchased with money that I got from selling my Mesa Boogie amp, so technically, if I use it for guitar lessons, it is just trading, right??????

B) B)

J
Definitely MJ, that's the exact logic I used to buy my Taylor GA. "I sold 3 other guitars to raise the funds so technically I didn't spend a cent honey!"

She just gave me that "tell me why I married you again?" look.

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Al, thanks for taking the time to do the demo. Can Tab Toolkit allows you isolate a section to play in it in loop?

Marc

Hmmm. I don't think it does- but I'll check and get back to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic