buddy ONLY YOU CAN LOVE ME THIS WAY guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I picked this song for a couple of reasons. First, I really like the rift that runs through the whole song. Second, I found the lyrics to be really touching and upbeat. It is done in double drop D tuning. You can play it in regular tuning but I think the alternative drop D tuning sounds much richer.

Any thoughts or comments to help me move it along would be appreciated.

Bud

tovo

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 am

Hi Bud. I don't have any advice to move it along, I think you are on top of it. Sounded good and well within your capabilities as a player and singer.

Mate I have absolutely no problem watching and enjoying your videos, your playing and singing is usually great. I would just comment that perhaps it's time for you to take on something really challenging for you in order to take your playing to the next level? Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

All that said I enjoyed it. Thanks for the look.

willem

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:47 am

B. i think you have found your position and a bouncing tuning to throw out all of your heartbeats and give it to us,,,i thank you for that,, i love it a..

buddy

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Tony,

I appreciate your comments as I know you always speak honestly from your heart. Unless I misunderstood your meaning, I think you might be confusing a style of play with level of challenge. For example, the rift running through this song, the reaches on the notes, and the varied rhythm in this song are somewhat difficult and did stretch me as a player. or for example, if you look at the Thunder Rolls, you will see a somewhat complex and fast alternating base up top with a melody being played underneath it through most of the song.

It may help me to understand your meaning if you cold give me some examples of songs that you think may help me with some areas that I could take on to move my playing to the next level. Not trying to create a debate here, rather I am trying to understand what you are conveying so I can incorporate your advice into my guitar journey.

Again, thanks for being so up front as many people will not take the risk, nor care enough to do so for an internet friend.

Budster.

buddy

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Willem,

Thanks for the comments, for some reason, this song really took a hold of me. It is always fun to discover a new artist that you enjoy.

Bud

tovo

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Hey Bud. I really think you are more than ready to take on some of the really challenging instrumentals in the program such as Romanza or Bourree. That's what I meant. I understand completely that those instrumentals may not interest you in the slightest and that's absolutely your choice of course.

As I said, you play and sing great. If you are looking to challenge yourself further I think you need that level of complexity to do it. It's a compliment.

Cheers mate.

buddy

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Tony,

Thanks for clarifying, it really helped me understand what you meant and what you were encouraging me to pursue.

Bud

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:17 am

Hey Buddy,

I liked your version- and I know I know the song. Can you remind me who sings it?

I also like full sound of the double drop d tuning and the way you hit just the bass notes on some down strokes to vary the strum pattern.

buddy

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 am

Al,

Keith Urban is one who sings this. I just discovered him a few weeks ago and really like his songs.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic