buddy learning to play ROMANZA acoustic guitar

Lavallee

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi Buddy, this is coming out nicely. I was following you and you have the notes settle down and you are using the right hand fingering in home position which you did not do before. This is not so easy to play this song on a steel acoustic guitar as there is not much room for some chords, in the second part causing some muting. But it is feasible as Neil did it. I must say that I am impress that you have learn this song in only as few days as it took me a long time (year) to get it reasonnably good.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 am

Buddy that was a piece I heard hundreds of times in my childhood as my mother played Spanish clasical guitar. I'm sure it's more difficult to play on steel strings and standing up but you are doing an outstanding job already. This is one which will mature over the years so I hope you keep at it and take a long term approach to it... I know it will pay off big time. Nice job!

buddy

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Marc,

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a long way to go on it and would love to try it on a classical guitar just to feel the difference from the steel strings.

Bud

buddy

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 pm

NFT,

What a lucky man you were to have a mother that played guitar. As you encouraged, I am viewing this as a long term project as it really deserves the effort

Bud

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Buddy,

I'm floored that you only picked that up after Tony's suggestion a week or so ago (I remember reading that). You've already got a good grasp of it from the sounds of it. I haven't tried the piece myself, but I can tell it's a long-term one, as Chris says.

Enjoy the journey!

michelew

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Great start Buddy, especially for a week's work. I'm sure it will sound amazing when you've invested so real time.

I need to get back to this too. The stretches in the second section are murder.

I look forward to hearing it in a few months time or so.

Michele

beaker

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Nice job Buddy, You seem well on your way with this. Keep on Strumming! Beaker.

BobR

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Bud,

I have not looked at this lesson but it sounds nice. You seem to pick things up rather quickly. Really, really nice start. A week on this WOW!! I'd like to see this again in a future post.

Bob

juanlla

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Buddy,
Thanks for sharing this, looks like a great start. No doubt you'll have it nailed down pretty soon.

Juan

buddy

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Al, Beaker, Bob and Juan,

Thanks for checking this out and your kind words.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic