RicksPick learning to play Needle and the Damage Done acoustic guitar with update

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm

I was in Malta in the late 70's and met this street bum who spoke in an American accent through his drunken slur he said he lost his cap 7 years ago and was too scared to return to his ship as he'd go to the Brig lol!!

Rickspick needs to use a pick. Reminds me of a joke only Brits might understand

'Have a Rock cake, gee thanks I'll take my pick'

Showing us up with the nome matelock.

Stick with it Rick.

RicksPick

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:15 am

Thanks for the responces

Yes I will try RicksPick pick, shyed away from using one so far.

Thanks for the encouragement guys,
Wasnt to sure on the look(sailor) but hey us brits love to laugh at ourself.
Chas dont be giving any of that cake to ducks

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 am

Hey Rick, saw this on Facebook and had to checkout who the sailor at was.... you! And I thought Lincoln was way in land. Nice job on the song its coming along well and you get the Teacher's Pet award for using the nome too... brave man! Keep them coming, good to see you back up on the screen.

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 am

Hi Rick,
Like others have said- would like to hear this with a pick. I did like the crescendo near the end.
Good on 'ya for using the metronome as well.

RicksPick

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:00 am

Ok tried a pick of sorts, folded card. slightly quierter cos everyone was in bed but its a first go, will keep practicing, thanks for all the input

RicksPick

cosmicmechanic

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey Rick,

You're maybe halfway there, the improvised pick has a nice grungy effect.

What I'd suggest is to concentrate on Neil's instructions on hitting only one or some adjacent strings at one time, rather than aiming to strum all of them.

A step in the right direction, keep it up.

Pierre

MarkM

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Rick,

Much improvement on the second video. I was going to say it would be a good idea to try sitting while you play this. I was working on this song last week as well. I find that if you sit up straiter with the guitar in your lap it may help a bit. You've got all the chords down as well as the tempo. You're really close on this one. A bit more isolation on the strings and some hammerons and your there. Keep the updates coming!!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic