MarkM learning Brain Damage guitar lesson

BobR

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Mark,

Your finger picking sounds really, really nice. Very clean and your guitar sounds awesome. Great job on all aspects, picking, strumming, and singing. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for posting

Bob

MarkM

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks Pete!! I'll take a double though.

Jay - Thanks. You'll like the mic once you have it hooked up. Real easy with the plug and play. Now I have to figure out my new onboard electronics.........

Bob- Thanks Bob. Not where I want to be but I'll take all the positive feedback. We still have to get together some time. I'm off to Orlando this week for work but should be free in the coming weeks.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey Mark, glad you put this up.

I remember Neil saying that Pink Floyd hired a classical guitarist for the "Brain Damage" recording session. That tells me that getting it right can take some doing. You did get it right, as far as I can see. Your timing is just like clockwork.

Your singing is coming along well. When you've practiced it enough to get it really perfect, then you'll be mumbling "the lunatic is in my head" in the shower, at work, and wherever else they may find it necessary to send you! (Hint: the longer you just hum along, the longer they let you stay out :))

always fun to see your posts!
Pierre

wammer

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Mark

Wow I love the sound of your guitar. Its all been said so I will just second everything and say great job.

Tammy

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Wow you are talented a ventriloquist as well as a finger-picker! Nothing much to say accept, twice in as many days I agree with Tony, (there must be medication for that) persevere with the invisible pick it will pay dividend in the long run. Also a pointer about mic position nothing to do with obscuring your hand, but the sound is better balanced if you point it forward of the sound-hole where the neck joins the body but closer to the hole, that way it evens out the sound and the Bass is not so dominant.

Good on ya mate.

Shame about it being a Taylor though it would sound so much better on a Cole Clark ;)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:36 am

Great picking Mark... I thought I was listening to Jay for a moment! Great job. Guitar sounds wonderful ... which of the Taylor family is it? I was playing a 816 at the weekend... lovely but out of reach at 7K! I liked the verse singing and reckon you can get the high notes on the chorus if you practice it ... better than dropping an octave I think. All round, well done!

jim56

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 am

Sweeeet, well done on the fingerpicking. You're a natural with guitar. Great performance Mark, thanks for the look.

AcousticAl

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 am

Mark, let's keep this straight. YOU'RE the stellar strummer and JAY'S the fantastic fingerpicker! You gunning for his title too??

Great job. Guitar sounds great too.

juanlla

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:09 am

Mark,
this sounds sweet. Nice way to go with the fingerpicking. I like the personal flavour you put into the singing, turned out a very interesting Cover.

Juan

BigBear

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:59 am

Mark- fantastic!! Really nice job fingerpicking and singing too!

My only two suggestions are 1. Stop watching yourself play! You know where the notes are! 2. You absolutely can't sing with your head down. I know you're anxious in front of the camera but you have a nice voice, you have to give it a chance. Neil should inspire us all to just sit up and sing!

Great job buddy and thanks for sharing this video! I can't wait for the next one!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic