BobR learning to play Pirate Looks at 40 acoustic guitar

BobR

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am

Bill - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anton - The 4 chords are G C Am D7

Jay - Yeah, I'll watch the right hand and try to settle it down a bit. I think I was just trying to get through without too many oops.

Al - I had never heard it before either. I just liked it when Neil did the Buffett lesson and then had an "easier" Jack Johnson version.

Rick - I guess my right hand does move quite a bit because you're not the first to notice. I'll blame it on the camera, yeah that's it :laugh:

Thanks guys for taking the time, I really appreciate everyone's comments

Bob

willem

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 am

Hello Bob,,Willem again,,i listen again and heard your voice on one channel(for me left)and your guitar on the other,,,,how come????

willem

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Bob,
Major kudos! A strong performance all way around. I like that you are standing up, and singing and playing. It is a great song for all of us pirates or pirate "wannabees" who have looked 40 straight in the eye. It is one of my favorite Jimmy Buffet songs. I like how you kept going even with a few crossed up finger moments. I thought some of the smiles were from you relating to the lyrics. Good going!

Wally

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:12 am

Bob, your audio is good quality on this end. I'm not familiar with this song and appreciate you singing it since the lyrics are quite solid. No tech advice here, you certainly have good timing and fingerpick the notes evenly. It's the kind of tune I'd try, but I already play enough tunes that are lesser-known in my neck of the woods. I really enjoyed your honest performance.

Pierre

BobR

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Willem - Yeah I notice that too but I don't know why. I will be checking my setup tomorrow. I am off to my 40th High school reunion now.

Wally - Thanks for the nice comments.

Pierre - I too was not familiar with this song. Maybe that's why I liked it.

Thanks guys.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic