rapsidy learning to play House of the rising sun acoustic guitar

MarkM

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Brad,

Its coming along nicely!!! All you have left to do is give it some more time and practice when it comes to these things. You've come along way. Just go back and watch some of your earlier videos. Good job.

Willem Nice picking there!!!

MarkM

rapsidy

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks Bill- I would love to use the metronome but just have difficulty with it unfortunately keeping time like i said its okay with just simple struming but i dont know how to keep time when finger picking??? I like your tip with videoing and will use that next time, makes a bit of sense to me as you just feel the pressure of getting it right beca use this is IT. so thanks.

Thanks Mark- i like to take a look back but i think the cringe factor would be too much :) i know i have improved but well you know i want just be able to picj up and play lol.

Willem- WOW!!! just goes to show what a great site this is that someone would take the time to video the song to help another out, that just blew my mind so a sincere thank you. Now im jealous that you can play four ways :P I did notice you do what i think bear was alluding to as being more DELIBERATE with my chords, i noticed you put the whole chord down before picking the individual notes as i was putting them down like a domino motion, so thanks... i liked the strumming versions i dont think i will complicate things too much with trying to add the pinch lol but it did sound good.. once again thanks

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:55 am

rapsidy wrote:
Thanks Bill- I would love to use the metronome but just have difficulty with it unfortunately keeping time like i said its okay with just simple struming but i dont know how to keep time when finger picking??? I like your tip with videoing and will use that next time, makes a bit of sense to me as you just feel the pressure of getting it right beca use this is IT. so thanks.

Thanks Mark- i like to take a look back but i think the cringe factor would be too much :) i know i have improved but well you know i want just be able to picj up and play lol.

Willem- WOW!!! just goes to show what a great site this is that someone would take the time to video the song to help another out, that just blew my mind so a sincere thank you. Now im jealous that you can play four ways :P I did notice you do what i think bear was alluding to as being more DELIBERATE with my chords, i noticed you put the whole chord down before picking the individual notes as i was putting them down like a domino motion, so thanks... i liked the strumming versions i dont think i will complicate things too much with trying to add the pinch lol but it did sound good.. once again thanks

Brad,

I was going to compliment you on the fact that you DO put your fingers down in the order that you need them. That is important, and something Neil talks about in many of his lessons. I wouldn't change that if I were you- you'll use it in MANY songs- as it buys you time to get from chord to chord quickly.

Great work!

willem

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Brad,
What impresses me about your video is how you are able to talk to the camera and then immediately pick up your guitar and start playing. I takes me many false starts to get going. HOTRSun is one of those essential songs every guitar player must learn. So many good things to learn from it and from Neil's lesson. Good work, and I say again you are a natural in front of the camera.

willem

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:05 am

AcousticAl wrote:
rapsidy wrote:

Brad,

I was going to compliment you on the fact that you DO put your fingers down in the order that you need them. That is important, and something Neil talks about in many of his lessons. I wouldn't change that if I were you- you'll use it in MANY songs- as it buys you time to get from chord to chord quickly.

Great work!
Brad,,Al is right about what you called the domino effect,,don't change that while fingerpickin...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic