Hi Tony

Seeing this after reading your blog about Rachel
Very emotional
Beautiful

RicksPick

jim56

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey Tony,

That was very well done. Memories are forever my friend.

Jim

webtvdan

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm

tovo

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Rick: Thanks my friend, I appreciate your thoughfullness. Rachel's passing has made me very reflective which seems to be helping my playing...I'd rather have her back and play like a dog though.

Jim: You are right. Photographs and memories eh? Sounds a good song title.

Dan: I'm bowing as I write. Thanks. I absolutely loved your take on "Just Breathe" and I have that one in my sights. Your video will be a very useful reference for me.

dennisg

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 am

Tony,

This is about as flawless a performance as I've ever seen from you. It just oozes with the results of all the hard work and attention to detail you put into this song. My highest congratulations for a job superbly done. I've got to say that I'm just blown away by the progress you've made since you've been here.

One last thing: putting a mic on your guitar has improved the sound about a thousand percent. Good move.

BigBear

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:41 am

Great job my friend!! You are really getting smoother and much more musical. Your transitions on the little vamps were perfect. Clearly, you've been practicing!! :laugh:

I don't have much to offer you on this one except try capoing up a couple of frets and the song may fit you voice better. It's too low for you right now and you either have to sing above it or down in the gravel! lol!

You continue to amaze me buddy. I always love to see your videos and this is one of the best to date! All my best to you!

Cheers! :cheer:

MarkM

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:54 am

Tony,

I didn't read through all the comments as I'm strapped for time so I hope this isn't too repetative. This was so good. You brought your playing and performance to a whole new level!!! I can't stress enough how good this really was. I thought the playing and singing were exceptional. You have come so far in such a short amount of time. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure she is smiling down upon you with this performance. You should be very proud of yourself for this. You deserve it. I've been inspired by this and will now look at this lesson in the hope that I'll get someplace close to the level that you played it. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

pbraun

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:54 am

Tony, simply the best. This sounded perfect to me. How long did you work on this lesson?
This really was great!
Pete

tovo

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Dennis: You know how highly I value your opinion and so I'm very pleased that you think I've played it well. Although I feel my responses to feedback get a bit repetitive I can honestly say I am humbled by each and every one, none more so than yours. Thanks.

Rick: The same applies to you. Your willingness to help people improve is sometimes matched but never surpassed. You are one of several who I look to first for honest and valuable feedback. I will do some experimenting with the capo, maybe one or two frets will make all the difference. As I said somewhere earlier in the thread, i was happy for it to be in tune but you are spot on, I was struggling down low on a couple of occasions.

Mark: Thanks. I do appreciate your kind thoughts regarding Rachel. I know full well that we all suffer loss, some of my friends here have certainly suffered more than their share, so I know I'm not alone. I look forward to hearing you play it, I know you will do a great job, your playing is to be admired.

Pete: Much appreciated. To answer your question, I had worked on this one on and off for quite a while. I have focused on it for about a month I would say. Initially I was playing a extra note or 2 throughout the tune and didn't realise that until I tried to sing it and it just wouldn't work, so in that regard I saw the value of singing from a learning perspective. I would say that I have put more work into this than any other tune save the other one I'm working on which has occupied my time for an extended period and will continue to do so.

suziko

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Tony,

Sorry I missed this! I was gone this weekend and missed a lot of stuff. This was really nicely done, and I like how your voice sounds in it. You've worked so hard on this song, and you've got a lot to be proud of. I'm sure Rachel would be touched by this memorial to her.

fondly,

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic