cavi learning Scarborough Fair guitar lesson

cavi

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cavi

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Okay a few comments, this is still in my "learnig" form. I realize that my tempo slows and speeds up in some areas. I apologize I tried to slow it all down to help the areas that are still rough, but....you know how that is. I also want to note that while the guitar sounds fine, I am still making friends whith this particular one. I did try and use my Koa that I used in the Irish Dance, but anyone who saw that video noticed that there was way too much emphasis on the bass strings, well after more trials, it turns out that that is something to do with the electronics, I will have to call Cordoba next week, believe me I tried everything...

Lavallee

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey Cavi, good work in progress, you are almost there. This guitar sounds great as you said. If you could hit the bass line a bit harder and the small strings a bit ligther , it would bring that vaporous effect this song has

Marc

tovo

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey Cavi. This is coming along great mate. You already picked up the small tempo issues which is great. I admire your position, both your guitar angle and your left hand position looks great from my perspective. Thanks for the upload, definitely one to keep working on it will be a very strong number for you.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey Cavi, As you point out still in learning form, well its coming along, I hear you on the trying to maintain tempo, the urge is always there to speed up to correct tempo. But good position holding the guitar and good hand positioning.

Be interested in future updates, you seem to know what you need to do already.

willem

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:15 am

I really admire you for this and looking forwards to your work in progress,,and i think it's time for some research on a mike or other recording stuff(your sound is coming thru fine),,,well some of us have really nice recording sound and it's worth to study that also..thanks

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 am

Hi Cavi, sounds like Scarboro Fair is shaping up well, good job! Looks to me like you just need lots of repetition on the sticky parts to help you flow more. Good luck with it!

buddy

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 am

Cavi,

Super good start on this song !! What guitar are you playing that on, it seems like a smaller sized guitar ?

Bud

willem

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Hello Cavi,,i put here a link for you,,its Neils respons on a upload from our member Michele,,,maybe you saw it,,don't know if the link works,,then you have to search almost at the bottom of the studentsreviews,,

http://www.totallyguitars.com/yt.php?v= ... b5L33cykqo

wow you don't have to click the link..

cavi

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:20 pm

it is a cordoba 55rce, and it is a thinline classical. It is a nice guitar, and we are becomming good friends quickly

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic