Hello Andy.

Thanks for sharing this video.
A nice strumming song.
I like it,my friend.

greetz Anton

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 am

Hi Andy,

Great to see another video from you! This is your 2nd if I'm not mistaken?
Audio issues aside, the song sounds like it's coming along well.

Glad to read you're able to stick around as well. All the best to you and your wife.

dennisg

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 am

Well, the strumming looked confident and assured -- and the tempo seemed consistent. But I'd love to see you repost this when you've got your audio issues worked out.

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 am

Andy:

Love this song! Way to go getting something up on it. I have been messing with it on and off for a looonnnggg time. You might try a Bm in the section that goes "On a midnight watch I realized, why twice you ran away". When you land on the D at "Twice", there is a quick Bm before it returns to A (at least that is what I am hearing - plays nicely without it as well). That same change occurs in a few other spots of the same progression. This song is super fun to play, and I think you did a fine job. I would love to see a re-take with better audio though, as I had my volume all the way up and the volume all the way up on the YT player and it was barely audible for me.... B)

I love the little solos too, so feel free to figure those out for me at your leisure...... :P :P

Keep up the good work!

J

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 am

Great to see you posting a song Andy! Looks like it's working out pretty well... audio made it really difficult to hear well. Hope you can re-post with Al-like audio! :-)

MarkM

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 am

Looks like your pretty close Andy!! Nice to see that leg moving up and down to keep the count for you. I agree with the others in that I'm looking forward to the next update on this from you. Great to see you posting. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Andy mate, you gotta sack the sound engineer lol! I could barely hear it which makes it difficult to add valued comment. From what I could see it looks as if you have got the tempo down, its not a song I've played much of late so thanks for the reminder to go check it out. I checked back with your previous upload and you do seem to be moving in the right direct.

Also great to hear that you are still going to be around a while longer thanks to Matt and Co.

tovo

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Andy, like others I struggled with the sound so that really needs to be addressed so we can hear it better. After reading Chas' comment I checked your previous video and see improvement, so that's what it's all about right? It is good to see you uploading and also hanging around with the rest of we TG tragics!

BigBear

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Andy- the sound doesn't really matter. You made us non-posters proud by coming thru with a great old tune. C,S,N is really, really hard to sing because Nash and Crosby can sing so high. Did you mess around with capoing this song to make it easier to sing? You had to get down in the gravel to make it work. I can't sing this song that low.

Despite the technical issues clearly you have this song in your bag of tricks!

Congrats on this video and getting one posted! Well done! Someday...

:cheer:

BobR

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Andy,

This is a song I have always wanted to learn. I wish I could have heard it a bit better though. Anyway you're on you way with this one. Waiting for the next one.

So glad you're able to stick around.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic