rapsidy learning to play Norwegian Wood acoustic guitar

buddy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Brad,

You are making good progress on this and you have gotten some great advice here as well. I would just encourage you to be patient with yourself so you don't get to frustrated with your efforts. You are quite far down the road with this so just keeping working and it and you will relax into it.

Keep up the good work and all the practice because it is showing in your posts.

Bud

jayswett

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

I've said it before and I'll say again that it's so much fun seeing such improvement in the guitar playing of our fellow TG students. This video is a good example of a piece that needs some work, but it nevertheless represents real and significant improvement over previous videos that Brad has posted. And with regard to your singing, very good indeed. Well done all around, and in a week, it will be even better.

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm

rapsidy wrote:
Hi guys thanks for replies

Dont get me wrong i am just a little confused :unsure:

I have just been playing along with neils "play it slowly" vid on his lesson and have been doing it exactly like that???? over and over again

so a bit unsure where to go with this!

please take a look at that as neil picks out the melody notes then strums

Brad
I just went and checked back with Neil's lesson and I know what you are saying, what I hear is yours lacks that fluidity , you have ever so slight pauses between melody and strum. I think keeping the right hand moving will help this plus using Neil's slow and even slower play through. I hadn't played this in a long time so just tried it out again and I found fluidity to be a problem, but slowing down and consciously keeping the right hand going resolved it.

But having said that I think you are ahead of me when I first started out with this song so keep up the good work.

rapsidy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm

EUREKA!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was a bit annoyed :angry: (NOT WITH POST/COMMENTS) that i had been practicing hours the wrong technique.

So after reading comments i just grabbed the instrument of tortue without a pick and just strummed and didnt stop hand and picked out the melody and i FELT IT I GET WHAT YOU mean, I felt the bouncy rhythm of the song. So i think my next post will show that.

and bear i will watch that lesson on melody picking from neil thanks

thanks for help and I will try not to get as frustrated :S

BobR

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Brad,

I am coming late here but I see that you'll be posting a new version soon. If you take all the comments here I am sure it will be worth wait..

Keep on strumming or picking... :woohoo:
Bob

michelew

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:21 am

Brad,

Sorry to be late to the party.

This is fantastic progress! It is so much better than your first video of this song.

Bear and others have given you excellent advice so go with that.

When picking out the melody it doesn't matter if you hit the adjacent string too. You can do it more like a really short strum. Neil gives similar advice to Suzi's first video upload.

I'm looking forward to your next post. Have a fun week off. I'm envious.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic