drfuji A Pirate Looks at 40 guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:12 am

You've been holding out on us Bob! Excellent 1st video post- smooth, relaxed & really enjoyable.

Minor stuff- Your camera seemed to be wanting to refocus from time to time. Try putting it to manual focus if you have that option.

drfuji

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks to everyone for all the encouraging comments...I was actually pretty nervous about doing this...but hearing from everyone will make it easier in the future. Now back to work learning some more songs...

drfuji

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion...I will check that out. Not sure how to change it, but I did notice what you are talking about.

BigBear

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Bob- very nicely done! Smooth strumming and good singing makes for a really great performance! I listened to it twice I liked it so well and I never do that!

Hey, did you introduce yourself on the "Please Introduce Yourself" thread? We'd all like to get to know you better, where you live, what you do, your musical taste, how long you've played and where you hope to go with this site as far as learning goes. we've all done it and it's painless, I promise!

If you did, I apologize because I missed it. Could be another senior moment!

Again, great job. I need to take another look at that song and maybe add it to the other 150 I'm trying to learn! LOL!

Thanks for sharing this video!

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Bob,
I like it! I like it a lot! I love what you did with the drop D tuning. It really works well. I've never heard it done that way before. I looked at your profile statement, and I think you are a little beyond beginner level. Please share more. Very enjoyable and a fine voice. Keep it up.

Wally

jayswett

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Doc,
Nice job on this. As a suggestion, I might add that at times you might give the song a different feel by strumming only 2, or 3 strings rather than all the strings of whatever chord you are playing. Just a thought. Your singing is quite good as well.

Yamaha48

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Bob your welcome here.
Your video sounds realy good.
BobR show his finger picking version.
I like that tune,i play it evry day athome.
My wife,she loved.
Bob you have a good strumming.
Hope to see more video s from you.
Thanks for sharing my friend.

Greetz from the Netherlands. Anton

rapsidy

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Welcome drfuji :)

well what a great first up video sweet playing and singing, never heard the song before but sounds like a nice little tune will have to google that one.

i really enjoyed that you obviously have a bit of guitar experience happening there, but im sure you were learn plenty from here and get even better.

great job ;)

your camera kept trying to focus for some reason was that someone manually doing it??? 3.03m was the best shot.

Brad

jayswett

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:11 am

I just watched this again, and enjoyed it even more than I did the first time. I think a collaboration with the open G strumming and the standard tuning fingerpicking would sound very nice. What a great song.

wrench

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:52 am

That was a great first video, Bob. Actually, that was a great video for an experienced poster. I am very much looking forward to more of your work. Your guitar sounded great. I have recently become a Seagull fan myself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic