webostick learning to play In My Life v1 acoustic guitar

BigBear

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:54 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BigBear

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

This is one of my nominations for Target Lesson. I know I've been posting a lot of stuff, but I am getting a lot of very helpful feedback and it is very motivating to my practice. Thanks for listening.

rapsidy

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 pm

There is something i like about your playing Wally it is just so peaceful, it drags me in i cant explain it properly but you have something going there.

Plus you like the songs i like lol, this is another that will be on my list eventually, they make some great melody? in their songs dont they!

I cant really help you technically but i can say it is easily recognisable and like your others, once the PROS have given you the right info you will be playing it greater by tomorrow.

off for another listen now :)

Brad

BobR

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Wally,
I can't offer any technical advice, but I thought it sounded really good. I don't think you're posting too much, I am just not posting enough. :laugh:

Good job

Bob

MarkM

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:31 am

Wally,

Well done!! I totally agree that there should be a lesson on this. I've been messing around with this as well for a long time and and still it doesn't sound quite right. I enjoyed your version. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:18 am

Wally you are doing a good job here and I like the sound of your guitar so you have your recording set up pretty good. I'd just suggest getting that opening riff down so that the transition to the D chord is smoother, seamless. It's the signature sound of the song and needs to be really smooth. I tried singing with you and noticed the timing should become a little more even. It's slow enough, just needs to be even tempo. Keep them coming Wally, this is what this forum is for.
Chris

tovo

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey Wally, beautiful tune isn't it? You are not far away. I agree with Chris that it just needs to flow a little better in the transitions and it will do that through greater familiarity. Dare I say it...more practice. (Which I know you are willing to put in).

In terms of worrying about posting too much...I wouldn't worry. You will continue to get feedback from those willing to give it. You're a guitarist on a guitarist site playing guitar for other guitarists to comment on. All seems logical to me mate.

Thanks for the look.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic