tvarga learning to play Speak Softly My Love acoustic guitar

tvarga

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

As soon as I saw Hector's lesson on the theme from The Godfather, I decided that this would be the next song that I'd like to learn. It sure makes me wish I also had a classical guitar. Maybe someday ...

Anyway, I managed to get a recording of my playing the song without too many errors. Unfortunately, what little expression with which I can normally play the song completely disappeared as soon as my nerves tighted while trying to record it. :) I look forward to more feedback on how to improve my playing.

I'm definitely looking forward to more lessons from Hector.

-Tom

RicksPick

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Wow Tom

You must be loving it
That was brill

No advice possble here

RicksPick

buddy

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Tom,

Always love your posts and this was no exception.

Bud

haoli25

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Bravo, Tom. It sounds like you have been playing this song for years. Great video and a beautiful sound from that guitar. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

beaker

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Tom, absolutely awesome job! like someone else said, I can't offer any tips, just really enjoyed watching it. Certainly an inspiration. I hope neil has time to review this sometime. Keep on playing! Beaker.

BobR

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Tom,

What can I say, I thought you did a fabulous job! I really enjoyed that a lot. The guitar sounds really nice.

bob

rapsidy

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Tom

very nicely played. what nervers???? lol

I had a great suggestion from a member here haoli25 Bill, about just leave the camera rolling and play and then just take oh heck ill just copy paste what bill said lol

"One tip from an old producer that may help you with that, record multiple takes with each session. When you finish the first take, leave the camera rolling and do the song again, then again, and again. By doing this you are removing the pressure of this being "THE" take. It does get easier with repetition. When you are finished, watch them all and select the one you like best for upload. Every professional music video you have ever watched is the result of multiple takes. "

one of the best little tips i have had so far (non guitar tips).

Brad

Lavallee

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Tom, this very well played, you have played it softly with emotion. Have you learn it from scratch when the lesson came out?

Marc

tovo

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 am

Tom I loved it, beautifully played you should be very pleased with where you are at with this piece.

Desperately trying to offer some suggestions for improvement, but apart from a couple of slightly muted notes I've got nothing. I see no reason for you to be nervous, forget the camera and pour in the emotion because you play so very well.

Bene...molto bene! bravo.

willem

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:36 am

Oke Tom,,here we go on some feedback for your improving,,just keep playing it..,,i do have a queustion,,,would youlike to play ''greensleeves'' as well..

edit; nothing wrong with playing it on your steel string,,it sounded great..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic