buddy learning to play DRIVE acoustic guitar

buddy

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This song has been my Nemesis and I have really struggled with it. I have kept working on it for a while now and wanted to post an updated video of it. I have learned a lot while working on this song even though it is not well suited for me.

Bud

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Buddy! I was just this minute thinking that I hadn't seen much of you lately and there you are.

This is a cool song isn't it? Firstly, I thought it was good. My initial impression was that the tempo wandered a bit, slowed down and sped up in places. Not terribly but I noticed it.

You have a really strong voice. I didn't think it suited this song as well as it does some others. Big deal, that's just my impression. It is not to say your voice isn't great, it is. I'm sure others will think it suited the tune very well so no biggie.

Thanks as always for the look.

BobR

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Bud,

Funny, I just looked at that lesson yesterday. I have it on my iPod and liked the song so thought I'd give it a go, but didn't get too far. You're way beyond me, so I give you a lot of credit for sticking to it. I think it's coming along pretty well.

Thanks for posting your progress.

Bob

jim56

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Buddy, That was excellent! Great guitar work. Well done on the vocals also.
Jim

6stringbostic

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:56 pm

great song good job buddy. sounded like the louder part of your vocals was getting distorted - perhaps try again with the mike gain down a bit or maybe move away from the mike a bit during the louder sections?

random unrelated question: have you ever considered doing the song "3 wooden crosses"? check it out i've been considering it:

i'm not a big country fan but there are some songs i really like... thought you might appreciate that one.

...sorry for hijacking the thread... 8-)

buddy

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 am

Tony,Bob and Jim, Thanks for the feedback.

Sixstring, that is a cool song I will have to look at it further.

jayswett

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:29 am

I continue to consider that song a difficult one for several reasons that I won't mention again. Nevertheless, this is a good rendition of it, made even more difficult by the fact that you are playing/singing at the same time. I suspect that eventually, this song will be amongst the best of your repertoire.

jayswett

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am

6stringbostic wrote:
great song good job buddy. sounded like the louder part of your vocals was getting distorted - perhaps try again with the mike gain down a bit or maybe move away from the mike a bit during the louder sections?

random unrelated question: have you ever considered doing the song "3 wooden crosses"? check it out i've been considering it:

i'm not a big country fan but there are some songs i really like... thought you might appreciate that one.

...sorry for hijacking the thread... 8-)
Yeah, Buddy would sound great singing this song. I couldn't agree more.

tvarga

Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Great vocals!

I'm curious, what kind of recording setup do you have there? And, are you listening to your own vocals in the headphones?

RicksPick

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Hey Buddy

Nicely done
More microphones?
Maybe use a click track in the headphones?
Only suggestion as every thing else is solid

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic