Lavallee learning Stairway to Heaven guitar lesson

BobR

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 am

Marc,

I thought you did a terrific job on this. A couple of minor hiccups but no problem. I enjoyed it very much. Your guitar really sounds nice.

Thanks for that post.

Bob

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Marc:

I still have not tackled this one. I have looked at it several times, but always stayed away because of my lacking skills. You did a superb job. The few hiccups did not detract from the piece at all, cause you kept going and moved through the song. Your hand position is great, and the picking was awesome. I have been watching all of your clips, trying to get my posture and positioning to be half as good..... B)

Thanks for sharing that with us. I always enjoy your work.

J

Lavallee

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Suzi, thank you for your comments. STH is really one of the first real song I have learn. But I realize that I was not playing it anywhere close when I tried to play it against the original MP3. One aspect which I discovered recently is that the after the first strumming part (" ooooh, makes me wonder..", each iteration increase speed.

Thanks Beaker, the bridge before the solo took me a little while to figure out. I mixed two parts together and since I am not a strong strummer the rhythm was difficult to get. Also the strumming during the solo is different than the strumming during the singing, even though they are the same chords. During the singing it makes more sense to use bar chords.

Thank you MarkM, I actually worked quite a bit on it as I had to change old habits.Still need some work though.

Bob, thanks for watching and for your good comments. No mather what I play I always seem to trip here and there. I cannot get something like Windy and warm from Mark where there is no mistake. Eventually... I guess

Jason, thank you for your comments. Any song is workable it just depend how much you want to learn it. You have all the skills required. I find that the left hand position was important for me to prevent muting (even if it still happenned, was better than before). I feel that this song helped me developping a better position.

Marc

deuce01

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Some great playing. Sounded good. I enjoyed that.

Lavallee

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:51 pm

THank you Deuce

Marc

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 am

Lavallee wrote:
Any song is workable it just depends how much you want to learn it. You have all the skills required.

Marc
Well, you wanted it, and have the skills, that's for sure...... B) B)

J

Yamaha48

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Hello Marc my friend.
This tune is above my guitar level.
You do a good thing on de video.
Finger picking is not your thing??.
Thanks for sharing Marc.

greetz Anton

Lavallee

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Anton, Thanks for your comments. I meant to say that in general my strumming was weaker than my fingerpicking but I like both aspects.

greetz Marc

sbutler

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Marc, I had the guitar on my lap, trying to find my way thru the new digs, and play Stairway to heaven at the same time I found your post.

Hope you don't mind, I played along and I thought one of us sounded great. It was you buddy.

Scott

Lavallee

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Scott, thanks for watching the video. I was wondering about the echo ;) Besides stairway, what do you like to play?

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic