Lavallee learning Stairway to Heaven guitar lesson

Lavallee

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi All,I learn Stairway many years ago but was quite wrong. With Neil's lesson I tried to use the proper fingerpicking. The strumming was quite elusive to me and I worked on that aspect. The quickew picking of the bridge also needed to be addressed from my original learning. Since the lesson does not show the ending, I tried to figure it out, cannot do the picking though. I tried to do the riff during the end strumming but my fingers were camera shy. Al and Buddy had work on it and they have motivated me to review the lesson.

Thank you in advance for your comments

Marc

BigBear

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Marc- great job but where's that screaming lead riff at the end? LOL! Now all you need to do is sing it like Robert Plant and you're there! That's reasonable, right?

Seriously, very nice fingerpicking and sound! You nailed it!

Cheers! :cheer:

RicksPick

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello Marc

Nicely done
I only got as far as Neils lesson goes
so will use this video to get further

Nice to see you gettng some time at home and for guitar
Keep at it my friend

RicksPick

tovo

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Marc you have obviously worked hard on this and it really shows. Only a couple of bad notes in this 5 minute video so pretty damn good in my opinion. I think in no time at all you will be playing this brilliantly...it's already more than good.

Thanks for the look. Always love your stuff.

tovo

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi Marc,
Beautifully played. You have the spirit and feel of the song. An if you were to go to the music store in "Wayne's World" there would be no sign reading "No Stairway to Heaven" for you; instead, there would be a sign reading "This guitar reserved for Marc to play STH". Great job and a inspiration to try to learn it.

Wally

buddy

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Marc,

Really nice job on this. At first I thought you were being attacked by a swarm of wild bees at the end, then I realized it was the electric guitar on the backing track that you had playing. :-)

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Really well played Marc, just needs the lead and its all there. Oh yes and the vocals lol
Nothing to really add on technique, good tempo, good on the strumming parts just good really all round!

Good on ya mate thanks for posting

AcousticAl

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey there Marc,

That's sounding sweet! I liked what you did with the ending as well. I'll probably use your video to help me complete my version.

Question- I notice you tend to pick near the saddle, and strum over the sound hole. Is that on purpose to get a different sound?

willem

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:41 am

Hi Marc,,really enjoyed it,,if we would'nt know there be lyrics on this song we could think this is a nice instrumental and steel the show on one evening,,must go back to that tune...thanks you did great..

jayswett

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 am

I do love your Led Zep covers. Well done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic