Lavallee learning Stairway to Heaven guitar lesson

ceaser67

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 am

Hi mark,
Great job enjoyed that a lot,you looked really comfartable playing that on camera,well done.
Tommy

dennisg

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

I'm not sure why, Marc, but I would never have figured you for a Stairway To Heaven guy -- but I'm glad you are, because you did a terrific job on this song. I can see that there's a ton of work that goes into learning the entire song, and you are definitely to be congratulated. There's nothing I saw that can't be fixed with a few deep, relaxing breaths and a little practice.

willem

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 am

dennisg wrote:
I'm not sure why, Marc, but I would never have figured you for a Stairway To Heaven guy -- but I'm glad you are, because you did a terrific job on this song. I can see that there's a ton of work that goes into learning the entire song, and you are definitely to be congratulated. There's nothing I saw that can't be fixed with a few deep, relaxing breaths and a little practice.
I'm so with Dennis here,,so terriffic,,Marc,you say you learned this song 4 years back but not the way Neil teaches us,,were you advanced with it,,i mean the way you learned 4 years back,,you only had to fix a few things or the whole thing???

Lavallee

Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Tommy, thanks after a few videos the camera becomes less intimidating. The camera is like golf When at the driving range (no camera) you do not notice your mistake as much as there is no consequence to the mistakes. On the course (camera on) when you miss , you cannot go back thus the pressure increase. But like your fun on the golf course depends on your attitude, you can still care without having a baby if you miss.

Dennis, thank you for watching. I would like to know what is a Stairway to Heaven kind of guy? :)

Willem, Thank you , when I learned to play it I was playing a few chords differently, did not care about muting strings, the bridge before the strumming was not even close , strumming after the bridge was not good, the bridge before the solo was not close and I was doing the same strumming throughout the solo and the singing. So there was a lot of rework

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic