buddy learning DAUGHTERS guitar lesson

buddy

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I picked this song because it has some interesting chords that I have never played before and I liked the intro as well. Th transition into the bridge is also a little unique. I decided to learn it for my daughter (that is her picture in the video) and the lyrics have such a wonderful and meaningful message.

Any comments or suggestion to help move it along would be appreciated.

Bud

Yamaha48

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Hello Bud.

That sounds realy good my friend.
The two different voices(HIGH and lower part).
And nice video edit.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

greetz Anton

willem

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Buddy,,sometimes i wait with writting something supporting,,now i want you to know,,this one of my favorites songs and yes,such meaningful lyrics,,i really hope this will turn into a lesson in target,,,Mayer(in my opinion)as such a apart singin sound,,thats not to imitate so i hope you can make it your own,,suggestion is maybe to bring it a bit mellow,,but i really don't know,,,i'm glad you bring it here,,and greetings to your beautiful daughter....

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 pm

NO suggestions on this Buddy, don't know it but looking forward to how it develops... all daddies should have a song for their daughters! :-)

AndyT

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Bud,

The harmonics sounded a bit choppy. I'd work on just them for a while to get them smooth and seemingly effortless.

BobR

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi Bud,

Very nicely done. I have two daughters and I have always liked that song, but have not attempted it. I might have to try it now.

Thanks for sharing this. Hope to see more.
Bob

Lavallee

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Buddy, Just watched the original as I did not know the song, and you did a very good cover of it. The only part that seems to need a bit of work is the bridge with that strumming alternating slow and fast. You sound good but it seems to be missing a bit of fluidity on the fast part.

Good playing

Marc

tovo

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey Budster!

I watched it and then read the comments. As usual I am like a mimic of Marc, I just thought the bridge needed to be smoother. The timing didn't sound right to my ears.

Also as Andy said, the harmonics need a bit more work. Really nice otherwise.

How do rough looking dudes like you and I end up with such stunning daughters? The answer must be in the partner me thinks!

Thanks for the look. I enjoyed it.

buddy

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey Tony,

At least she has my eyes, everything else she got from mom.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic