deuce01 From The Beginning guitar lesson review upload

jayswett

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 am

You look and sound like a professional musician. It was that good. I was glad to learn that you are using an M Audio USB interface as I recently purchased one, but have not yet learned how to use it. I need to get mic for it. Anyway, nice post, and I'd love to see more.

jim56

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:22 am

Hey Pat

Great performance on your video. Looking forward to Neils comments. Thanks for the tech details on recording.

Jim

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am

Knock down the door and come in, why don't you Deuce! Welcome to the video poster's club. What an excellent performance and sound you delivered here! Just the right measure of effect and so well played and sung. Great job. Thanks for the info on your set up. Did you dub the vocal track over the video? Looked that way but I could be just the effect of the webcam.

deuce01

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 am

Thanks so much for the comments. @ jayswett i am using a Behringer xm8500 mic. Cost about 20.00. That and some cable and your on your way. I was skeptical of the fasttrack but so far it has been good. I also use a condensor mic...but that is very sensitive to all noises. Need a good room to play in with that.
regarding the tempo and other mistakes... i tend to do that when i record. I figure i will be able to relax more if i keep doing it.
Thanks for the feedback. Always good to get someone else's opinion on what they hear.

deuce01

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Knock down the door and come in, why don't you Deuce! Welcome to the video poster's club. What an excellent performance and sound you delivered here! Just the right measure of effect and so well played and sung. Great job. Thanks for the info on your set up. Did you dub the vocal track over the video? Looked that way but I could be just the effect of the webcam.
Thanks! Nope did not dub the vocals. I had everything setup and recorded at once vid, vocal, and guitar.
I tried the single track at a time thing with a Led Zep tune "Thank you". Was tough to get the vid , vocal and guitar to match up. So this time i setup everything first and did it at once. I record everything clean and then make a copy of the clean recording and edit that copy to add effects or what not. I'm really new to the recording thing and i havent really put much time into learning it.

Thanks again for you comments

Deuce

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:50 am

Deuce:

Very nice job! I love that piece, and you did it justice! Thanks for posting. I play it all the time, but get stuck on the little run from C to B to F9. Fumble it up somehow every time.....lol Yours was very smooth and very enjoyable to listen to. Your voice suits that song very well.

Cheers!

Jason

BobR

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 am

Deuce,
Wow, I thought that was terrific! Everything sounded really nice. I really enjoyed the effects. Overall great job.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

BigBear

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Deuce- that was really great! One of my favorite songs and you played it great. But I was particulaly impressed by your vocals. Just excellent and a very hard song to sing (for me at least). I've got the song down pat but still having timing issues with the vocals.

Like you said, you were really quick at the beginning but then you settled down and got into your groove.

Thanks for sharing this video! I really enjoyed it!

Cheers! :cheer:

Yamaha48

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello deuce01.
Thats sounds damgood my friend.
I read your setup,simple but effective.
Your voice to sing the song sound verry good.
Big hand for you.
Hope to see more from you.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic