deuce01 Norwegian Wood guitar lesson review upload

haoli25

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Great job, Pat.

Bill Image

jayswett

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Another very good rendition of the song. Other than the speed, it was very solid. Put me in the "no effects" category. I'm looking forward to learning how to use my new M Audio USB interface thing, and listening to this reminded me that you use something similar.

coomba

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:59 pm

G'day Pat
This is the first time I've seen you play and its obvious that you have put some time into your guitar over the years
I actually liked your take on it and the tempo suited your version.
Nice job,looking forward to seeing more of you.
Cheers
Scott

deuce01

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks all. To answer a coupla of questions.....I've been playing guitar on and off for over 25 years. I took a break for a # of years. My oldest son took an interest in guitar 3-4 years ago so i started playing again. I used to play heavy metal when i was younger. I always liked the older tunes from the 60's and 70's era though. I play mostly my acoustics now and haven't picked up my strat in a while. This site has inspired me to play again and learn again. I like the song selection. I just started singing an playing together about a year ago, right around the time i found this site. Doing both has always been tough for me....but it is much easier now..but still a challenge with some songs. Now my practice sessions last around 1-2 hrs and i try to do it like sets. I have a song list, about 20-30 songs, with lyrics printed out. I play and sing them all as if i am performing an open mic nite. Allot of the songs are from this site. Beatles, Rolling Stones, Leonard Cohen, ELP, to name a few. Then there are days that i try to learn new material. This site has been really great. I'm not on it too often as a contributor but i do pop on to check the new songs and to search for something new to play. I only recently thought of recording and posting it to share with others. It's can be allot of fun, although it can be nerve racking at times. But now it has peaked a new interest so i think i will start recording everything i do. I will post some more. I'm currently working on a more complete version of "From the Beginning" with the acoustic and lead. I'll most likely do the lead with my LesPaul copy guitar. I'm trying to talk my younger son, he plays the piano/keyboard, to learn the synth parts. Not sure when that will be ready though.

Thanks for the comments. I will post something clean this weekend if i can get to it. Perhaps "you've got to hide your love away" or Hallelujah...something from Neil Young maybe.....not sure.

Peace

PAt

haoli25

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:07 pm

HI Deuce,
Keep them coming. Great job. The years and ability are very evident. You set a fine example. (I sort of agree that a little less processed sound -- no need to alter too much on your good voice and playing).

Lavallee

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Pat, really your videos. Your playing and singing are excellent. Listening to your version on it s own, it is difficult to point out why it is a little fast. I had it played with the original together and the strumming was on time. It is mainly in the run downs that you gain speed. If you could sustain a bit longer the last picked note of each section, I bet you would be right on.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic