deuce01 Norwegian Wood guitar lesson review upload

deuce01

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:27 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

deuce01

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:32 am

So i gave it another go...still playing fast. Screw up some lyrics. Gonna force my self to keep recording to see if i get better. Gonna have to use a metronome or start tapping my foot. IT seems like when the record button is hit i rush through it.

heatndude

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 am

I think you sound great Duece, Ya its a little fast but you look and sound real comfortable with the song. Like the effects on thr guitar / vocals you almost sound like Lennon ! Good job

Mark

deuce01

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 am

heatndude wrote:
I think you sound great Duece, Ya its a little fast but you look and sound real comfortable with the song. Like the effects on thr guitar / vocals you almost sound like Lennon ! Good job
Mark
Thanks Mark....actually my last name really is Lennon. So i do sound like Lennon. :)

willem

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 am

Oke you rush,,but you got it down,i must say i don't like the effected way,,i wanna hear your guitar and voice naturel,i mean it aint bad(you did great)its only my taste..

deuce01

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 am

willem wrote:
Oke you rush,,but you got it down,i must say i don't like the effected way,,i wanna hear your guitar and voice naturel,i mean it aint bad(you did great)its only my taste..
Ok.. I'll do that next. I was gonna put this up without effects but couldn't resist hitting a coupla of buttons and try to enhance the sound.
I've noticed i play worse when i record myself. My timing is off, and instead of just playing the song thru i think to much about it and screw it up...whether it is the lyrics or timing or song. Guess i am not comfortable with recording yet.
Both songs i posted were done on the first take. I could have tried to re-record them to make them more accurate. I have tried this and they get worse and worse until i get frustrated.
I appreciate the feedback. Actually i just started singing and playing about a year or so ago. So that has been fun trying to time the two. Some songs can be difficult trying to do both. But with Practice i get better at it.

Thanks for your input

Pat

AcousticAl

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 am

Hi Pat,

Well you're in good company with this song. Quite a few TG-ers have uploaded their takes and works in progress on it. Your version was really solid! How long have you been playing?

I like effects on some songs- I've used them myself as well. But if you're looking for specific feedback on things, you might want to go clean(er) so people can hear your playing more accurately.

Thanks for sharing.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:41 am

Hi Pat. I'm really enjoying your videos. I like the effects and recording quality. This was great, just slow down a little (I know, we all speed up on camera!). I like your one take approach, I always try the same and just put up with the screw ups. What you are doing here when you video is performing. There's learning the song, there's getting the lyrics right including the phrasing and then there's performing it. I find those to be 3 distinct steps and performance is more complicated because there is a little fear involved and you are on the line so it's something special which needs quite a bit of practice ... which is what the video posting is all about.
Great vocals by the way!

buddy

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Pat,

Really nice job on this. You are very talented and I am enjoying your posts. Keep them coming.

Bud

tovo

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi Pat. No doubt you are a very good player and really comfortable with this. I will go against the crowd and say I really don't think effects suits this tune, it's better clean just in my opinion. That said you play and perform it fine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic