nesh16041972 4+20 guitar lesson review upload

MarkM

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 am

Vanessa,

WOW!!! I hadn't gotten to this over the weekend and wish I had. This was absolutely fantastic. I really, really enjoyed this and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

MarkM

willem

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Michele,

Thank you so very much for all your kind words and for your warm welcome! I really appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed it!

Watched you playing Here comes the sun this afternoon (it's almost evening now) wich you did very well, so I am also curious for more videos from you! What are you working on at the moment?

Thanks again and hope to hear/see you soon!

michelew wrote:
WOW Vanessa that was FANTASTIC! What a debut! I loved the intro and outro, your voice is just gorgeous, your playing smoooooth and just right, the mood perfect, the bashfulness endearing. I really enjoyed it. I hope I can get it all together just like that some day. You sounded like you've been playing all your life, playing that song all your life. And you did it all in one take. WOW!

A HUGE welcome to TG and I really hope you keep posting. I'll be looking forward to each and everyone of them.

Michele

willem

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 am

Thank you very much Jim, am really glad that you liked it!!

jim56 wrote:
Wow, Simply beautiful Vanessa! The song and your voice. Thank you for sharing your video and I'm looking forward to the next.

Jim

MarkM

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:26 am

Hi MarkM!

Just read your basic-info, it's funny that most of us have similar backgrounds! Am also looking forward to your videos, am trying to get through all the vid's, but there is a lót, haha!

Anyway, thank you very much for your enthousiastic comment, glad you've enjoyed it!

MarkM wrote:
Vanessa,

WOW!!! I hadn't gotten to this over the weekend and wish I had. This was absolutely fantastic. I really, really enjoyed this and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:27 am

Aaah, thát's so nice to hear, thank you very much!

schm040 wrote:
Gorgeous playing and singing. Nice way to start my day.

Thank you.

BobR

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Tvarga! That's really nice to hear! How about you? I couldn't find any basic-info on you, do you have video's out there?

Thanks again!

tvarga wrote:
Wow, what can I say that hasn't been already said. Listening to you play and sing really made me sit up and take notice. I definitely look forward to seeing more videos from you!

BobR

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:31 am

I really appreciate it David, thank you very much, am very happy you liked it!

Catman wrote:
Hey Vanessa,

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, so -- WOW!

-David

wrench

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Vanessa,

I can't find a way to say any differently that your video was great, and I enjoyed it a great deal.

I have a question, though. Among everything you did so exceptionally well, I noticed that you maintained your bass pattern exceptionally well with your right thumb while you played the melody with your right fingers. That happens to be something I'm struggling with a great deal, so I'm wondering how you developed that particular skill so well.

Beautiful piece, thanks for posting.

Hydroman52

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi Wrench, thank you so much for you kind comment, I really appreciate it!

As for your question, I think it has to do with a couple of things, sense of rhythm, practice and play a lot of songs using these kind of patterns (Travis-picking, songs like Dust in the wind, the Boxer, Homeward bound, Just breathe etc.) As for me, I was really lucky to be trained when I was so young, my father made me exercise fingerpicking till I went nuts (he never knew about Travis-picking though, haha!). I also learned to play the drums wich developes a great sense of rhythm as well. So when I learn more complex patterns now, my fingers understand rather quickly and feel the rhythm automatically, so again, I was lucky! :)

But first things first, a good way to practice this is to start with you thumb first, just going from one string to the other, use a metronome, if that goes well, then try to add one string (played with your index) to it, then another (your middlefinger). So one measure of 4 beats contains 8 8th notes, so play with your thumb the 1234 (switching between two basstrings), play with your index all the 'and's, so you get 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and, if that works, thén switch your index and your middlefinger. Really you have to break it up in little bits and practice it like forever!

Well I'm rambling on, as Neil sometimes puts it, lol, so good luck with this and thanks again! (wich song are yóu working on??)

All the best,

Vanessa

wrench wrote:
Vanessa,

I can't find a way to say any differently that your video was great, and I enjoyed it a great deal.

I have a question, though. Among everything you did so exceptionally well, I noticed that you maintained your bass pattern exceptionally well with your right thumb while you played the melody with your right fingers. That happens to be something I'm struggling with a great deal, so I'm wondering how you developed that particular skill so well.

willem

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Wrench, thank you so much for you kind comment, I really appreciate it!

As for your question, I think it has to do with a couple of things, sense of rhythm, practice and play a lot of songs using these kind of patterns (Travis-picking, songs like Dust in the wind, the Boxer, Homeward bound, Just breathe etc.) As for me, I was really lucky to be trained when I was so young, my father made me exercise fingerpicking till I went nuts (he never knew about Travis-picking though, haha!). Also I learned to play the drums wich developes a great sense of rhythm as well. So when I learn more complex patterns now, my fingers understand rather quicky and feel the rhythm automatically, so again, I was lucky! :)

But first things first, a good way to practice this is to start with you thumb first, just going from one string to the other, use a metronome, if that goes well, then try to add one string (played with your index) to it, then another (your middlefinger). So one measure of 4 beats contains 8 8th notes, so play with your thumb the 1234 (changing between two basstrings), play with your index all the 'and's, so you get 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and, if that works, thén change your index and your middlefinger. Really you have to break it up in little bits and practice it like forever!

Well I'm rambling on, as Neil sometimes puts it, lol, so good luck with this and thanks again! (wich song are yóu working on??)

All the best,

Vanessa

wrench wrote:
Vanessa,

Dan,thanks for noticing the thumb and the question,,,and Vanessa for the answer,,we have lot years ahead to practice this that way,,,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic