buddy learning to play SIXTEEN TONS acoustic guitar

tovo

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey Budster!

Very nice indeed. Great vocals and real solid performance. That's a tune I know which is rare! You did a much, much better job than the one you said you were using as a guide, his version is nothing like yours which is much better. I agree with Shel I noticed some speeding up along the way. I think it needs the same slowish tempo throughout.

For what it's worth I really agree with Den' comments also.

Man....you have the BIGGEST thighs, like tree trunks! Were you a pro footballer or something?? I fear for that first act guitar of yours!

takhak

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

NAILED IT! !!!

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Vanessa,

Thanks for the comments, you are a nice addition to TG. Yes, I do love animals of all shapes and sizes.:-)

Bud

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Wiley,

Thanks for taking the time to post this up. It adds a lot to the intro as I was just trying to play it off the cuff.

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Al, very funny and it took all I has to sing that low.

Willem, Thanks for checking this out.

Anton, A dark voice, I hope I don't sound like a vampire :-)

Michele, Thanks for the tempo tip and the encoureagment

Jim, This would be a fun song for open mic since it is not done very often. Thanks !

NFT, Great idea on the flourish, I will try to add the little ditty that Wiley posted up on the end.

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm

David, thanks for the kind and encouraging words.

Mark, thanks for the feedback and the tips. I am glad you got a smile out of it.

Dennis,Thanks for taking the time and effort to comment on the vibrato issue. I don't have a clue how to stop that from happening as it just sort of comes out naturally. I would be more than open to any tips on how to work on that. Please don't ever hesitate to give me feedback as that is what has helped the most at TG.

Chas, Thanks my smooth voiced friend and good luck with your upcoming venue.

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Tony, you crack me up you big green guitar playing machine. The thighs come from playing middle linebacker and tight end it college. I also raced road bicycles for fifteen years and my wife hated it when I shaved my legs :-). Its ironic that I shave my head now instead of my legs. I am just an old has-been now with bowed legs from riding horses all my life. Thanks for checking this out.

Bud

buddy

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Tak, Thanks !!!

wammer

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Buddy

Great Job........First thing I thought was YIPPY KY Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Not to sure why LOL....Great Post

Tammy

6stringbostic

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

wow buddy you friggin rocked that out! what a booming powerful voice. wish i could sing like that! (i sound more like an indeterminate wounded animal)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic