tvarga learning to play Greensleeves acoustic guitar

schm040

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey Tom,

Cool. I thought your timing was darn good on the 2nd variation, the harder one. Thanks for the post. You inspire me to put a video up too.

Matt

tvarga

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:41 pm

These days, I've become pretty passionate about playing as often as I get the chance. I probably pick up the guitar 3 or 4 times a day and play for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or so each time. I'd guess that I average close to 2 hours of playing a day. I wish I could do more, but I can't get away with repeatedly playing a song over and over if any of the family is in earshot! :)

6stringbostic wrote:
great job tom! i enjoyed your playing this difficult piece. (difficult for me seemed easy for you!)

anywho...

what i'm really curious about is how you can find the time (and patience) to play this piece HUNDREDS of times?!?! i feel that i'm lucky to find the time to practice a song DOZENS of times!! 8-)

thanks for the post....keep em coming! what's next on your todo list? 8-)

haoli25

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Excellent job, Tom. That was damn near flawless. You are getting so good at Hector's lessons, is it about time to consider buying a good classical guitar? Everything after the first variation had me slowed down to a crawl. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi Tom, another good one from you. I amaze how quick you learn these songs, and play them so well in such a short time.

Marc

BobR

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 am

Hi Tom!

Good work and I'm sure it's even better without the camera, recording is just a very difficult thing to do! I understand that at one point you're getting sick of playing the same song over and over, therefor sometimes it's good to just not play it for a little while and then pick it up again, it can do wonders!

You said, and we can see that :P , that you're looking at the tab (instead of looking at your hands, wich is good of course), something you might wanna try is to not look at the tab at all! So indeed memorise it, it's not easy, you have to take it in little bits and pieces, but if you do, eventually your fingers will automatically know wich way to go and land on the right string/positions even better, so when you move on to another song, try to play by heart asap, of course it's just an idea! ;)

I'm looking forward for you next video, keep up the good work!

Vanessa

RicksPick

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Tom I carnt belive your moving on to another song, well supose so. lol .
If only I could play,,,, That was so fantastic
You must keep that one in the loop,

Seriously Impressed
RicksPick

karl01

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Tom,
I really enjoy all work you share with the video posts. You are very talented and have a lovely touch and feel for music. Great job with Greensleeves. Each repeat shifts into a different variation of picking rhythm. You are doing it all very well. Thanks for sharing your progress. Good luck and I look forward to hearing where you take from here.

Wally

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 am

Nothing but props here, Tom.

Thanks for sharing.

BobR

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

Tom,

Only one hundred times? :laugh: Sounding really nice on what seems to be a pretty tough piece.

Thanks for posting. What's next?

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic