Craig learning to play I'll Have to Say I Love You... acoustic guitar

MarkM

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Craig,

Nice to see a video from you again. Well done!! I think this was your most polished song to date. As other's have said, you have come a long way. This is a video you shoudl be very proud of. I'm starting to get the hang of fingerpicking (well sort of anyway) and understand that it is a technique that can be pretty damn hard. You pulled this off big time. Now I want to see more. You left us all hanging there. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed it.

MarkM

tovo

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Craig!

I agree with the rest of us, well done! Definitely nót an easy song, but very good that you did it anyway, it'll take you to a higher level, like you said yourself. Just work a little more on the bassnotes and you got it down alright!

All the best!

wammer

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Craig

I have no great knowledge to give, just a cheer ( Bill could you look after that for me?) Great job ....I have managed to stay away from barrs for a loooooong time but it seems to me your right, like you its time to push or you'll never know.

Thanks for sharing
Tammy

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Great to see you back on the ball with this challenging piece Craig (you won't find me going near a 7 ;-)). As I already mentioned, that is pretty good picking. So next step has to be the whole song and the vocals! Keep on it and we're all looking out for the next post! Great job!

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments. It does wonders for my guitar self-esteem. As you all know, we are our own worst critics!

Jay - I think you are an incredible finger picker, so any compliment from you on thqt subject means a lot to me. The vocals are probably the next hurdle...I need to find something in my range...but first I need to find out what my range is! :laugh:

Dennis - Thank you my friend. I appreciate the lighting suggestion. Usually when I record it's at night when evryone is asleep. That's why it's dark with one light on. Next time I'll move it!

Tony - Thanks Mate. Your gentle pushes for me to put up a video played a part in me posting this. I always appreciate your encouragement. Your right about my bass notes. I think that I'm worried about getting the other notes right instead of getting my index finger down first (like Neil says to do!).

Willem - Thank You...still working on doing a complete song. Hopefully sometime soon.

Bill - I consider you a great Target Friend and any time I can get "clapping hands" from you, it makes my day!

MarkM - Thanks Mark, I appreciate your, "come along way" comment. It means a lot to me. When you hear yourself play all of the time, you don't really notice how much you improve.

Vanessa - I appreciate your nice words. I need to trust my barre finger more and go for it. I get "whimpy" on my bass notes sometimes because I'm not confident that it's there yet... Now I need to go work on 4+20! :laugh:

Tammy - Thanks for the "cheer". You push yourself on barres and I'll consider singing! :laugh:

BobR

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Craig,

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your performance. Like the others, I would like to see your finished version.

Good job

Bob

willem

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm

[Vanessa - I appreciate your nice words. I need to trust my barre finger more and go for it. I get "whimpy" on my bass notes sometimes because I'm not confident that it's there yet... Now I need to go work on 4+20! :laugh:

Trust me, this song is more difficult than 4+20! That's why pushing yourself to get to a higher level will make other songs seem like a piece of cake, I bet you can pull 4+20 off in no time! ;)

jim56

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Hey Craig,

I too liked your performance, especially the sign language. :cheer:

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Chris - I appreciate all of your time and effort and patience with me more than you know. I wouldn't have been able to post without your help. Thanks for the kind words. You keep encouraging me to sing...be careful what you wish for! :laugh:
Craig

Bob - Thanks, I'm working on cleaning up some notes and hopefully will finish up the song soon.

Jim - I'm glad you enjoyed the sign language...you should have seen the sign I made on the previous take that I totally botched! :laugh: Thanks for watching.

karl01

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Craig,
This is on it's way to being gold. Already a really good foundation, and the main musical themes are coming through. Without a doubt you know immediately it's Jim Croce. It's a great song to work on you finger picking chops. I look forward to hearing more of your work on this. Good luck.

Wally

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic