Craig learning to play I'll Have to Say I Love You... acoustic guitar

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Nice job, Craig- that seems like it's really coming along! Fingerpicking barre chords doesn't leave much room for error, but yours sound, for the most part, quite good, with very few dead notes.

Suzi

p.s. I was so quick on the draw with a comment that I even beat Craig! Rare for me :) You're welcome, Craig. I've got so much great help over time from my TG friends, I'm happy to return the favor.

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

I picked this song for two reasons:
1. I'm a long time Jim Croce fan and
2. I wanted to challenge myself with a little higher level song (this is a level 7 song) that has a little different fingerpicking pattern than I am used to..

I had some technical problems getting this video uploaded, so I want to say a huge THANK YOU to my Target friends Chris and Suzi for your patience, support, and help! I think we all agree that this is an awesome guitar site, but Target friends make it that much better!
Craig

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks Suzi!
Knowing the history of this video, I assume you had to laugh a litte bit when you saw it posted! :laugh: I can do barre chord finger picking OK sometimes but it was a challenge for me to go back and forth from open to barre chords...definately something I'm still working on.
Craig
P.S. I hope your shoulder has dried off by now from me cring on it! :laugh:

suziko

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Honestly, I was thrilled to see you post it. I'm glad you were able to work out the technical difficulties, because this is a post to be proud of. Congratulations! And, hey, any time you need a place for a good cry, my shoulder is always open.

jayswett

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:30 pm

That was so good that I wanted to hear alot more. I was disappointed that the video ended. You've come a long way since Brain Damage. Very well done. Looking forward to the entire performance (with vocals).

dennisg

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Wow, that was really sweet, Craig. You've got it about 95 percent nailed, which is something to be proud of on a level 7 song. And I'm sure you'll reel in the other 5 percent.

Just a technical comment: the bright light in the background is causing the camera to darken the foreground which, unfortunately, is where you're sitting. It would meter correctly with a light behind the camera facing toward you.

tovo

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Hey Craig,

Well done mate, I agree with Jay I would have liked to hear more. Just a little more work on the barres to get each note clear, the bass notes in particular I think. Also I felt it just needed a little more flow but these are things that I think you will be on top of very soon and you have chosen a difficult song so I think you deserve a lot of kudos for pushing yourself.

Great that you received help with getting your video up. It was nice to see another one from you.

Thanks for the look Craig.

willem

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 pm

WAVE Craig,,,i almost have to say to you i love you in a song,,and i did,,i recognize this tune so much couse i try and practice it myself,,i find you are pretty on your way on the first verse and you can be proud,,,looking forward to the following up parts and believe me it aint easy,,i find the instrumental very hard,but in time we!! will nail it,such a beautiful song..

where is suzi?? i need a shoulder..

haoli25

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Bravo, Craig! MORE, MORE, MORE. :) I hope that you do a followup video on this one, Craig. Nice playing and a great sounding guitar. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic