Craig learning to play I'll Have to Say I Love You... acoustic guitar

Lavallee

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Graig, I really liked the video. You look so much more comfortable especially that this a more difficult song. A bit more practice to have those bar chords clean and it will be perfect. Thanks for waving at us at the end ;)

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Craig, ain't it great when you get to a point on a tune when you can be sweating out learning it and any friends and family nearby will think you are actually playing real music, not just making "practice noise"? Happy to see your progress.

Pierre

buddy

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Craig,

Very nice job on this and great progress. You looked pretty relaxed on this and played it nicely. I look forward to seeing the extended version.

Bud

Craig

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Wally - Thanks for the support, I'm glad you watched.

Marc - I appreciate your feedback. I've always strummed barre chords where I could be a little sloppy and get away with it. I found with fingerpicking barre chords there is no place to hide! Thanks for mentioning that I look more comfortable, I guess it does get a little easier with each post.

Pierre - Thank You for noting some progress...somedays it's tough to notice! :laugh: My wife and kids don't run from the room holding their ears anymore...until I start singing! :woohoo:

Buddy - Thanks for watching. Yes, I was a little more relaxed than my previous posts..however, my wife and I had a nice bottle of wine that night, maybe that's the answer for me! :laugh:

michelew

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 am

Craig,

That was really pretty and you are SO close to having it completely nailed. Your hard work has really paid off.

But, now I have to add another song to the list... goodbye sleeping - forever...

Thanks for the inspiration. I too am looking forward to hearing the whole song.

Michele

Yamaha48

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:31 am

Hello Craig.
Nice to see this video.
Relaxt playing,and a nice finger picking.
Finger picking with barre chords its not easy.
Hope to see more from you.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

Anton

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 am

Hi Craig,

Good to see another upload from you, and glad you sorted out the tekkie troubles.

You've almost got this nailed-- I liked that you kept a steady tempo throughout. Neil did a video review of my upload of this song and commented that this is not an easy fingerpicking pattern to grasp, so well done!

I'll also echo something Neil has mentioned about my right hand position--
Right hand fingers should be angled more towards the floor and right wrist bent a bit more.

Looking forward to an update!

Craig

Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:42 am

Michelle - Thanks for taking the time to watch. I'll take any compliment from the "Queen of Perfect Hand Position"! I know what you mean about "goodbye sleep", with all of the new stuff they are throwing our way, I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Anton - Thank You for your encouragement and kind words. Now I think I need to buy a fancy recording set up like you have! :laugh: Greetz

Al - Thanks for the feedback. Your comment on keeping a steady tempo means more to me than you know, that's always an issue with me! ... I'm aware of my right hand position. When I practice I concentrate on fixing it and do a little better. But when I turn on the camera, I seem to revert to my old habits...

d_dog

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Craig that was fantastic! I thought I was the only one MIA around here. I love JC. I started learning that song a while back, now you've encouraged me to revisit that. There's no technical advice I can give you, only encourage you to keep going. It sounds really great. It would be awesome to hear you sing it too! :-)
I really hope our plans include being in S. Cal. again soon, it would be great to see you again and take some time to play a bit.
Take care, :laugh:

Craig

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Damian,
Thanks for watching! I appreciate your positive comments. I'm doing some extra singing in the shower just in case I get up the nerve! :laugh: It would be awesome to get together and play, please make sure to call next time you're down this way!
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic