pbraun Heart of Gold V3 guitar lesson review upload

pbraun

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

pbraun

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:36 am

My third attempt at the song, and many attempts to upload, thanks for the help in uploading! I tried to add the harmonica to it and I hope I have most of the song down right.
Pete

willem

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 am

Pete,,way tooo go,,really,,,for me you did a great job,,i gave you A star to add you to my favo's so i can find you easily and play along with you,,really a big fat 10 !!!!

ps. maybe one suggestion,,maybe a littlemore work on the harmonica part,,but this aint easy,playing,singin and blowing(and suck) the harmonica,,YOU CAN BE PROUD..

pbraun

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:07 am

Thanks Willem, it is the first time on the harmonica for me. I know you play one so any hints/help would be greatly appreciated!
Pete

willem

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:20 am

pbraun wrote:
Thanks Willem, it is the first time on the harmonica for me. I know you play one so any hints/help would be greatly appreciated!
Pete
Oke Pete,,i play one,,but not so good,,you saw me maybe in the collaboration vid on this song,,what i did was searching on the net,,not only YT but also google to find some tab and listen back and fort to myself and NY till i find some right pitch,,i also looked and some standaard notation in a midi i have,,,,what i know about the harmonica (diatonic) is that every three holes blowing(together) is the G chord and you can find also two other chords on it by sucking,,so maybe this works and you can think to serve your guitar chords with it,,i love improvisation,,so try,try,try..i heard your improvisation on the harmonica and you were thinkin on some lyrics,,''m i right??

http://www.totallyguitars.com/allcommun ... +HARMONICA

maybe you know,,,,just scroll down till you find a vid about '''this is why i started harmonica for the first time,,,

Lavallee

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:30 am

Pete, this is brilliant: singing , harmonica and strumming. I am amazed. I cannot walk and chew gum together, you are doing a fantastic job. Your strumming is much smoother as well. If anything I would suggest to alternate your picking of the C run down to make a bit more fluid instead of just downpick strokes.

Great work

Marc

BobR

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Pete,

This is coming along really nice. I am impressed that you're playing both guitar and harmonica and oh yeah, you're singing too :woohoo: .

One thing I notice is when you do the hammer on's on the A and D strings (Em) after the D they seem to be a bit too quick.

Great job.

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:59 am

Pete, your rhythm playing is coming along really well, and also the addition of the bass or melody notes.
I haven't played this tune yet, but am playing "Harvest" which I think is similar in that it looks deceptively simple.
Learning the technique of hitting just those few extra notes while strumming is a major step and opens up a whole lot of new possibilities. Good for you singing and "harping", glad to see such progress.

Pierre

Craig

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Pete,
Great job! Very impressive playing harmonica, singing and playing. I have a hard enough time just doing the playing part! :laugh: I don't have technical advice... only wanted to say well done. Keep up the great work!
Craig

Yamaha48

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Hello Pete.

This video looks and sounds better.
What can i say?MUTCH better.
Im stil working on this song.
What is the realy key for the blues harp???

greez Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic