neverfoundthetime learning to play All Right acoustic guitar

BigBear

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 am

Chris- very nicely done my friend. You know I love the 12 string but on this one I actually preferred the nylon 6 tuned down. It did fit your voice better and you just seemed more comfortable playing it. Plus, you threw in a couple of hammer-ons to add interest to the song.

I don't know this song at all. The only TTWS song I play is Walk on the Ocean, and only then because I had to learn it for a jam session. But this song sounded great!

Loved your voice and strumming as always. Thanks for a new tune!

Tchuss! :cheer:

BobR

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:19 am

Chris,
I am late getting to this so I will just say I enjoyed your experiment with both guitars. Although it's been said many times here I will also say your vocals are really nice.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks for dropping by Mark, Rick and Bob. I'd be really pleased if this video has put a couple of people in contact with Toad. It was such a pleasure for me being introduced to them by my little sister about 12 years ago. I'm working on Pray your Gods off the FEAR album at the moment and if I can just get Ale to sing the ethereal voicing on it .... and I can already hear Jay playing that arpeggio....

rapsidy

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 am

Hi Chris

never heard the song had to listen to your upload of it before i listened to yours. Then secoumd guitar or tuning sounded really good. And boy you can sing really enjoy listen to you. It all sounded good to me nothing sounded a miss to this untrained ear, which is probably the majority of our audience will be , doesnt matter unless your trying to sell records, but apparently they have tricks for that.

great job

Brad

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:54 am

Thanks for listening in Brad! You are so right about the tricks used in recording. It's not til you record yourself that you hear all the little flubs, bum notes, off timing etc. Can be really daunting. I have to say, I have never recorded anything yet that I was really happy with... always so much to correct and improve... but that' why we're all here.

schm040

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 am

You have such a nice voice....!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks Vanessa... thanks for listening in!

dennisg

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 am

Sorry I'm so late to this. Been traveling.

Anyway, great job, Chris. Your voice has never sounded better.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for dropping by and listening Dennis... noticed your absence!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic