buddy learning CATS IN THE CRADLE guitar lesson

Yamaha48

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Hey Bud my friend.

That sounds realy good.
Thanks for sharing this.
I can the problem with the A chord.
I have lern him the old way,or barr with one finger.
That give a clean sound.
For quick changes i use the one finger barr.
Im still working on the Neil hogan methode.

greetz Anton

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Great one, Bud. Looks like a tough pattern to keep steady while singing!
I too would like to see a lesson on this. I think Neil's YouTube teaser of Cat's Cradle was one of the ones that brought me to TG.

Lavallee

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Buddy, I really enjoyed that video. I thought you felt the song as if you were living it, giving the softness in the voice totally appropriate for this song.

You are becoming a very good performer.

Truly enjoyed it

Marc

jcrocket

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:33 am

Buddy, nice job, you've hit another home run. I really liked the pauses you put in during the final verse. You can add Harry Chapin to that list of artists whose songs your voice is perfect for.

Always has been one of my favorite songs as well. A poignant message about parenthood that I always tried to keep in mind when my children were young, and now that they're grown, I'm sure glad I did. Very few of us will ever do anything in our lives with as profound an impact as raising our children.

Thanks
Jeff

buddy

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Jay, Thanks for checking this out and it is a song worth investing some in. I always think of my son when I play it and it make me happy that we have stayed close over the years.

Bob, I felt like I was cheating a little reading the lyrics so I am glad I got the go ahead on that. :-) The tempo on this song is so fast that it was actually difficult to keep it up for the whole tune and sing at the same time.

NFT, thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Pierre, I also felt that maybe something was missing on this so I will try your suggestion and see if that adds more fullness to the song.

Chas, thanks for the feedback and I really enjoyed the last video you put up.

Wiley, Wow you made my day.

Tony, I guess we were all in the cradle at one time or another. I think you and Bob are correct that Harry Chapin originally wrote and performed this. I had only heard the Cat's version until I read your post.

Nash, You are right on, I do find it easier to play and keep time while I am singing.

Al, thanks, How is the new Martin ?

Anton, Good to see you back my friend !

Marc, Thanks, I am really enjoying my self with the guitar lately

Jeff, You sure did nail it with you comment about how valuable are kids are in the big scheme of life. Glad you enjoyed it..

rapsidy

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:34 am

Hey Buddy

great job guitar bit sounded great singing BOOMING POWERFUL as usual :) and didnt even look like you were trying!

Brad

dennisg

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 am

Really nice job, Buddy, on a very bittersweet song. I think once you iron out the intro, it'll all come together for you.

Craig

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 am

Buddy,
I think your voice suits this song perfectly. I'm familiar with the song but have never tried to play it, so can't really offer much advice other than to say good post.
Craig

buddy

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:01 am

Brad, Thanks, I really enjoyed doing this song.

Dennis, thanks for checking this out.

Craig, Thanks, this has become one of my favorite songs.

MarkM

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:15 am

Bud,

This song fits you like a glove. Nice work on the picking. I agree that once your comfortable with the intro this will be ready to roll. Your singing was excellent on this.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic