AcousticAl learning to play Here Comes the Sun with melody

michelew

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am

Al,

I really like this version of the song. I haven't looked at Neil's chord solos yet, but your video (and Suzi's high praise for the program) is tempting me.

Your version has a nice, bright and relaxed feel to it. You may not be quite there yet, but it's coming along really nicely and already sounds great.

That Martin sounds beautiful.

Michele

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 am

Hey Al my friend.
Congrats with your brand new guitar(Martin)a nice sound Al.
i like the way you play this tune.
For this moment hard for me to play .
Thanks for sharing this my friend.
Greetz Anton

rapsidy

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:58 am

Hey Al

sweet tune sweet job, look forward to your final product and yes the guitar does sound nice

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 am

Nice work al. You and Martin are going to make a good partnership, I can see! Agree with slowing it down but considering you were using a pick on that, i thought it went well. Great sound!

pbraun

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

Really nice Al, love that song! The Martin sounds great!
Pete

dennisg

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:00 am

Good job, Al. That's a song you'll want to keep in your repertoire forever, since it's guaranteed to raise a smile of recognition whenever you play it for someone. I can't recall having heard anyone play a flatpick version of the song, but I really enjoyed it.

This may seem obvious, but if you have difficulty keeping the song at a slower tempo, you might try a metronome.

BobR

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Al,

Sounds good to me, but as a few others have said slow it down a little and your there.

Thanks for posting and The Martin does sound really nice.

Bob

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Craig wrote:
Al,
Nice Job! I really like the strumming/melody version. This is a song I haven't gotten around to yet, so not much advice from me...I like what you have done so far though. Congrats on the Martin, it sounds awesome. Keep inspiring me like you always do.
Craig
Craig- Thanks for checking it out. Always nice to hear you're inspiring others. Speaking of that-- a small story (I mentioned this to Suzi in a pm)-- I got a message from someone on youtube about a different video I posted. Just some random guy from the Netherlands, I think. He mentioned that he liked my playing and said he wanted to get where I was eventually and asked how I did it. You'll never guess where I sent him...
:)

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Michele- Thank you. I enjoyed your fingerpicking version of this as well.

Anton- Thanks for your comment.

Brad- Yes.. I'll upload a new version after the next 100 tries. (not kidding).

Chris- I wonder if it's harder to use a pick with this song. It is tough to grab the melody notes- especially when they're on an 'up' stroke.

Pete- Thanks for checking it out.

Dennis- Thanks. I don't think anyone else has done a flatpick version of it. I probably wouldn't have either if the fingerstyle came first-- but I'm glad it didn't.
And yes, I should use a metronome. It's kinda like veggies you don't like. You know it's good for you, but you'd rather not!!

Bob- Thanks! The majority rules here and I will slow it down. It'll help me get those runs cleaner as well.
And about the Martin- thank you. I just got a pm from Dan telling me how the sound measures up technically. Am VERY pleased!!

MarkM

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Al my man that was very nice. That is the best pick work I've seen in any of your video's. Great job. It's harder than it looks. I've been messing around with a similar version of this for years and unless I keep at it it all goes to crap. I really enjoyed this video!!! Thanks for sharing. You did a great job. A few more run throughs and you'll be flawless.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic