webostick learning to play Comes a Time v2 acoustic guitar

lueders

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am

Wally, I thought that was pretty cool. (This chord melody is stuff is broad new world isn't? I'm getting into it myself.) I am ashamed to say I am not familiar with the tune (being a Neil Young number and all) Gonna have to check it out. I am no expert, but I think your playing is really coming along, Man. (In a lot of facets.)

drfuji

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Really liked the way you did that...nice rendition...made it your own...

jayswett

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 am

I agree with Al. The tone you get from that guitar and the quality of the recording is very good. Loved your performance, and I love that song.

dan5619

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 am

I thought you did a great job also Wally. You sounded like you were in time to me, and your chord changes were smooth as silk. This will only get better the more you play it.

tovo

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 pm

I thought it was great, really enjoyed it Wally...Now I'd just like to see YOU enjoying it. I understand you are concentrating, it would be good for you to relax a bit with it.

great work.

willem

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Wally,,thanks for reminding me this song is a lesson, i love the country rock in it and the lyricks,,and you rocked it a way,,i hope you gonna sing it,,again i must say you have a great recording sound,,thanks

MarkM

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Well done Wally. This is coming along nicely. Once of these days I'll get to this song. It looks like a lot of fun to play. Hey was that a flexible mike stand/arm you have there?

MarkM

dekotaj

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 am

I thank everyone for comments and compliments. As I wrote, this is one of my favorite Neil Young songs.

Al & Jay (jayswett): Thanks. I think I am learning how to position the mic to get a good recording and tone. I got rid of the reverb, and just used very close mic. It seems to work well.

Chris & Pete & Dennis & Craig & Bob (drfuji) & Christian (chefrusso)--- Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I am glad you all like what I am trying to do better.

Rick (Big Bear) Thanks. Maybe we can play this together some time, and maybe you can do the singing.

Stuart : Thanks. I try to keep the hand moving with the metronome. It is harder to make my foot tap in a steady time without it.

Bud : Thanks. Breakthrough or breakdown? ;) I think it is hard for any of us to recognize and acknowledge the progress and growth in our playing. But practice and feedback through these video posts does work. I only wish it was easy and fast.

Cori : Thanks. One of the great things about sharing on this site is that we learn and get turned on to new or overlooked songs and artists. And thanks for saying that you hear some improvement in my playing. I'm not always sure the practice is paying off.

Tony (tovo) : Thanks. Music is serious business. ;) So many things to think about and worry about when the record light goes on. I will try to lighten up, but I can't guarantee it.

Willem : Thanks Amigo. I am still very shy about the singing. I will give it try.

Mark (markM) : Thanks. Yes, give it a try. I know you will shine on it. The microphone is on goose neck. I find it a fast and easy way to adjust the placement of the mic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic